Chapter 76

Eliana had become a child who loved to question everything recently, no matter what. "But Mummy why can't I have the biscuit?" She asked, "Because you won't eat your dinner." Connie commented, "But if I'm hungry now and I have the biscuit I'll still be a bit hungry and eat my dinner." Eliana smiled, "El, no, nice try but no." "But am I right?" She asked with a grin, "No, you won't eat all your dinner." "But I was half right?" Connie exhaled, placing her hand to her hips as she looked down to the young Masters. "Is that a yes?" She giggled as Connie picked her up. "You're Cheeky Eliana Masters." "I love you Mummy." "I love you too baby." Connie smiled kissing her head.

She couldn't help but smirk as she saw him stood at the entrance waiting as she stepped over. His arms loosely hung round her waist. "Everything okay at home?" He asked, she nodded "But your daughter's questions are beginning to wear thin." Connie stated simply, causing him to chuckle as he kissed her head. "Work are going to hate me-" "Hey, they aren't." "I've been back a matter of months and I'll be gone again soon." She sighed, "And soon be back." He smiled kissing her head gently again.

"Connie, what can I do for you?" Elle smiled, "I came to give you this, sorry." She stated handing her letter in, "You're leaving so soon?" "No, no! I just thought it was best in writing... Jacob and I are expecting." She smiled a little, "Congratulations!" Elle exclaimed, "You aren't somewhat annoyed that I've not been back long?" Elle laughed "No, not one bit."

"That went?" Jacob smiled, "Fine." Connie smiled, moving her arms around his. "I don't want to work tonight." She whispered, "Can we not just hide in the on call room?" Jacob chuckled gently, "I wish Sweetcheeks." He smiled handing her a file, she sighed heavily as she read over it. "Come on." She stated, Jacob hot on her heel.

"Recon it's true?" Robyn asked, "I don't know." Max replied, "It wouldn't shock me, but then again with Eliana maybe but they are engaged it's not like it's uncommon." Max added, Robyn rolled her eyes "I know but it's a bit out the blue." "No, Eliana is three, it's quite common." "Anyone else like to gossip?" Connie snipped, the pair going silent instantly, swiftly wandering away.

"Go easy on them." He spoke softly as he pressed his thumbs into the small of her back, "I don't like people speaking about us Jacob... our personal lives." "I know... but they were just wondering." "They can wonder somewhere else." Jacob kissed her cheek "Come on, what's up?" "I'm just tired... how did they even find out? Only Elle knows and she wouldn't pass that about." "Just a couple more hours and I don't know but maybe just be a little kinder." Jacob smiled sheepishly as she looked to him, rolling her eyes. "I love you." He added, "Hmm... it's a very good job I love you too." "How about once we're home, get the girls to school and when we get back, we have some adult time." She scrunched up her face "Please don't refer to it as adult time ever again." She groaned, he laughed kissing her gently "Also you ask like I'm going to decline." "But you're tired." Connie hummed gently, "I'm sure I can stay awake for that Muscles." She smirked before bed three called for help, "Resus!" She demanded as she came over helping to lift the sides up.