Chapter 10

"Seen as though you are skiving work." She looked at him, "I'm not skiving... I'm really not Well." He smirked, she rolled her eyes "Whats the plan?" She asked, sipping the coffee. He smiled across at her, "A day for just us." He grinned, she looked at him "You made us get out of bed, when it's a day for us?" She frowned, he chuckled gently, with a nod. "A day in bed with you naked sounds good, but I want to get to know more about you beautiful." She smiled effortlessly, "You want to know something?" She looked, he nodded "You, Jacob Masters, have made me feel the most beautiful I have in forever." She smiled, he moved round coming to kiss her "I always will." She leant her head into his chest, shutting her eyes as he moved an arm around her, "Where we off then?" "The park." He smiled, "Jacob it's freezing-" "Wrap up warm then." He chuckled kissing her head.

After eating some food, she lay her head on his chest, the pair looking up at the clouds. "Tell me something about you then?" He uttered, "Like what?" "Tell me something you're scared off." She lifted her head looking at him with an arch of the brow, "Go on." She smiled gently, settling back down. "Getting too attached to people." She breathed, "But my biggest fear is being a awful mum, Grace having awful parents." "You wanting her to have good parents makes you a good parent." He whispered as he played with her hair, she smiled gently. "Why you scared of that beautiful, you're a wonderful mum." She opened her mouth before shutting it again, "It doesn't matter." He nodded kissing her head "You don't have to tell me, but if you ever do."

"My Mum...  she died- killed herself when I was seven." "Connie I'm so sorry." He uttered, she shook her head gently, "I'm more sorry that my mother felt that way... she'd never been a mother to idolise but a depressed woman with a partner who didn't care, you probably wouldn't be the best." "That your Dad?" She nodded, "Yeah... I couldn't live with myself if I was anything like them." He pressed his lips to her head, "I can promise you, you're an amazing mother and I'm sure you chose a good father for her." Connie looked to him, "You always seem to know what to say." She uttered, "A special talent." She laughed gently, "Your Dad now?" She shrugged, "He's always been difficult, it was more me looking after him really... When I got divorced I distanced myself and then when I found out I was pregnant, I didn't want it around my child so I cut contact." He nodded, moving some hair behind her ear sighing. "You really are one of the strongest women- no, people I've ever met." She smiled softly "I'm not strong Muscles, You've just got to deal with what life throws at you." "And it's thrown some tough stuff at you." "It's getting easier, slowly but surely." "Good." He smiled, she smiled kissing him gently.

They lay together a while longer, packing up they got back in her car. "Today was nice." She smiled over at him, he nodded "I'm full of great ideas, I know." She rolled her eyes, "What are your plans tonight then?" "Well seen as though I'm so ill I think I need to rest in bed... a doctor to stay with me." She rolled her eyes driving, "You're so irritating." She laughed easily, "Good." He grinned, "Well I need to pick Grace up." He nodded, "I'll wait in the car." She glanced to him smiling.

He waited in the car as she collected Grace from her school, a smile on his lips as he saw her further away chatting with Grace, the pair laughing before Grace flung her arms around her mother happily. "Jacob!" She squealed as she climbed into the car, "Hello Firecracker." He chuckled, turning back to face her as Connie helped her put her seat belt on. "You had a good day?" He asked, she nodded with a wide smile "Yep." "Well I was thinking..." Jacob spoke as Connie got into her side, "How about we go out for dinner?" Jacob asked as he looked between the pair, "Yes!" Grace smiled, Connie nodded with a small smile.