Chapter 29

"Grace?" Connie looked as she came home, Jacob collecting her from school as he finished earlier, "Yes?" "Come on, upstairs." Grace nodded making her way up. Connie peered round the door frame "I'm going for a bath with Grace." Jacob nodded with a smile.

"Mummy, the baby is in your tummy but you can't see it is." Connie laughed gently, "The baby is only tiny." "How tiny?" "Like the size of a pea." "The size of a pea?" She giggled, Connie laughed gently, watching her play with her toys in the bath, "Are you cross with me?" Grace looked, "Why would I be cross with you?" "Because I said I wasn't pretty." Grace spoke quietly "I'm not cross with you, I'm just sad you think you're not pretty because you are." Grace nodded "I'm sorry." Connie hugged her "Hey, you don't need to be sorry." Connie smiled kissing her head, "But I don't want to make you sad." "You haven't, it's not your fault baby." Grace nodded.

"There we go." Connie smiled looking at her, her hair simply blown dry, untamed curls everywhere. "It looks different." Grace laughed, "But do I still look pretty?" Connie asked, "The prettiest Mummy ever." Connie smiled, hugging her "Then you're pretty too." Grace nodded gently, "Do you want me to make your hair straight?" Connie asked quietly, "Really?" Grace looked, Connie nodded "Yes." She grinned, Connie smiled weakly, kissing her daughters head before moving to stand behind her, drying her hair and carefully straightening it.

"I don't like it... I look weird." Grace sighed, Connie chuckled gently, "Will it be like this forever?" Connie shook her head, "You just have to get it wet and then it'll be back to normal "Can I wet it?" Connie smiled "I'll come and do it." Connie smiled, also wetting hers again in the process, putting it into her rollers before following Grace down.

He laughed as she stepped into the kitchen, "It isn't funny." "I'll always find them funny." Connie rolled her eyes. "You're trying to teach Grace that her hair is perfect." Jacob looked, Connie humming gently, "Yet you won't step outside with your natural hair." He reasoned, "If it was shorter I would, my hair is unmanageable Jacob, barely get a comb through it and as I child I did." Connie stated, he held his hands up "Okay Sweetcheeks." "Sorry... besides, she doesn't like it straight anyway." He smiled, "I told you she'd be fine." Connie nodded moving to get a glass of water, "Sausage Casserole for dinner okay?" "Perfect, it smells lovely by the way." She smiled kissing his cheek moving to the living room, watching tv with Grace.