Chapter 32

They lay watching tv late that night, Connie's morning sickness gone but sleep struggling to reach either of them. "She can always get in bed with us Con." Jacob smiled, "I know, but she's okay down there... She's my daughter and if she wasn't happy I'm sure we'd know about it." She chuckled. Light giggles could be heard from the hallway, Jacob frowning, "Everything Okay?" Connie spoke quietly, he hummed sitting up and pulling his joggers on moving to open the door.

"Tiana... you've got to be kidding me." Jacob sighed quietly, "Jacob?" She laughed awkwardly, "I think it's best he leaves, just because mum and dad are fooled doesn't mean I am." "It's my life Jacob." She snapped, "And he's not someone you want to be mixing with." Jacob snipped, "I'm not a kid anymore!" "You're not an adult either!" He snapped back, "Ugh! You ruin everything! Go away." His younger sister yelled, "What the hell is going on?" His mother frowned as she stepped outside her room. "Him!" "You're okay with these two? Seriously?" Jacob frowned, "After everything- he's way older an all." "Jacob mate-" "You're not my mate, I don't know you." Jacob glared at the man facing him. "Luke, I'll call you tomorrow." Tiana sighed, "I'll talk with you in the morning." Jacob snipped to his mother, shutting the door and coming back to bed.

Connie stayed quiet till the hall seemed empty, "All that was about?" "Not talking about it." He sighed, she moved to straddle his lap. "And where will that get you? Hm?" She asked quietly, "He's the same age as me Connie." He frowned "And they're just letting her, she's barely seventeen." He sighed. "Let alone that, he's- he was my friend before-" he stopped himself, "I'm fine." She caressed his cheek gently, "You're not." She whispered, "He got my best friend, he was like a brother Connie, killed... he did it and they're letting him in this house, this house where-" "Shhh..." she spoke gently, drying his eyes, holding him. "He doesn't get the right to do that Connie." He whispered. "Sorry." He sighed, she shook her head, "Not a single thing to apologise for, now I think sleep might be a good start." He nodded kissing her softly "I love you Sweetcheeks." "I love you too Muscles." She smiled, moving back into his side.

He moved Grace to the bed as he woke in the morning, not having the heart to wake either of them as they lay so soundlessly. Smiling to himself he moved the duvet higher up, kissing both their heads before going downstairs. Tiana rolled her eyes as he walked into the kitchen, "Jacob-" his mother uttered, "No, you know what he did, she was practically a child- she is a child!" Jacob snapped as he turned the kettle on "I'm seventeen!" Tiana yelled, "I'll do what I like!" "Shut up the pair of you, your father is sleeping." "Connie and Grace too." Jacob muttered. "Sorry I forgot this weekend was all about you." Tiana snapped storming off to her room. "You need to get a grip of her." Jacob muttered, "You'd have never let me or Johnathan behave like that, she's living under your roof." "You're telling me as if I don't know that, Jacob she will move out." Jacob rolled his eyes with a sigh.

Grace skipped down the stairs, seeing Jacob in the kitchen, she raced up into his arms happily. "Where's your mum?" "Still getting ready." She smiled, Jacob smiled kissing her head "Toast Firecracker?" "Please." She smiled, he nodded sitting her on the side making her toast. "Connie is very... very posh." Sandra commented, "Your point?" Jacob asked, "I just want to make sure she's with you for the right reasons... it's not like you're anything from her style of life." "Don't start insulting her because I've kicked of with you lot." Jacob groaned.

"You should have woken me." Connie smiled as she came into the kitchen, "You looked too peaceful." He smiled gently, claiming her lips. "You okay?" She asked, He nodded, moving his arms round her waist "You're looking extra beautiful this morning." Connie rolled her eyes "Flattery gets you nowhere." She eyed, he chuckled kissing her once more. "Toast?" He offered, "Please." She smiled, he nodded pressing his lips to Connie's head.

Tiana walked into the kitchen, scoffing. "So this is why you're looking down on us? Quite clearly not up to your new standards obviously." She snarled, "Tiana, grow up." Jacob sighed "Says the one telling me I'm not an adult." "Quite clearly not if you can't behave like one." "Jacob drop it." His mother sighed. "Someone needs to tell her... she walks all over you and it's a joke." He snapped as his father walked into the kitchen. "This family is a massive joke, not one weekend." He snapped, exiting the kitchen and going to sit outside. Connie glanced around the room, "Morning." John exhaled.

Connie took a seat next to him on the step, Grace also joining. "I'm sorry." He breathed, she frowned gently "What for?" "It was suppose to be a nice weekend." She lent her head on his shoulder, taking his hand "Shhh, you caring about your family doesn't make it a bad weekend." "Arguing like that-" "Families argue." "I meant what I said... you're looking extra beautiful today." She laughed gently squeezing his hand, "Glowing even." She rolled her eyes gently, kissing his cheek. He moved Grace to his knee, "How about we go to Johnathan's... his wife will be there too and things are just less stressful." He uttered, "If you'd like too." She smiled.