Chapter 91

She cautiously took a seat before him, "I never meant to scare you, the other day... At all really." Ethan spoke quietly, "Why are you back?" she asked, "Bothering my family at that? My family that you nearly ruined." She pressed, "It's not like that Connie, I was grieving." he reasoned, "And I think I was understanding of that, then you nearly killed my daughter- who no matter what the situation had nothing to do with the situation." she snapped, "Well... I was hurting! And you can't blame me for lashing out at Jacob, he hated him!" "Not enough to kill him!" She yelled, a flush of colour hitting her as people in the cafe looked at them.

"Just tell me why you are bothering us again Ethan." She begged, "I just wanted to apologise, I know it wasn't Jacob." "Sometimes sorry isn't enough Ethan... Just stay away from us-" "Connie if I could change it, I would." "Well you can't, are we finished?" She glared, he nodded, throwing himself further back into the chair as she left the small coffee shop.

"How was that?" Jacob asked as she stepped into the house, "He's an idiot." Connie snipped, removing her coat, Jacob nodded hot on her heel as she went into the kitchen, "What does that mean?" "He thinks an apology is going to make it all better." sighed, "Because of him we could have lost her-" "But we didn't." Jacob commented factually, she turned to face him, "Whose side are you on here Jacob?" She scoffed, "Yours always, but I'm just saying we didn't so let's not dwell on that fact." she looked over his face before sighing, "I'm sorry." "You will be." He joked, pulling her close. She released a heavy breath as she relaxed into him, "I don't forgive him." "Me either gorgeous but he's not our problem any more." She nodded moving to kiss him softly, Oscar's cries erupting. "I'll go." She smiled.

She looked into his crib smiling, "Good morning baby." She cooed, laughing gently as he sucked upon his hand "Someone ready for their lunch." She chatted as she took him out the sleeping bag, holding him close to her chest, kissing his head. "Let's go get it, hm?" she smiled fondly as he gurgled, "Really?" she cooed as she stepped downstairs. "Thank you." She smiled as Jacob passed her a bottle, "Good at this parenting thing." He winked, she rolled her eyes laughing. "Your daddy is very silly." She spoke to Oscar, "You still love me." He smirked, kissing her head before she slipped into the living room to feed their son.

"Everything okay with yourself and Connie?" Charlie asked as he came into work late that evening, Jacob nodded with a smile, "Yeah... she'd saw Ethan." Jacob exhaled, Charlie nodded "Ahh." he commented, "She's fine now though, at home watching a film with Grace." he nodded with a fond smile, "Thank you for the other day." "Anytime." "Well, patients await." He uttered, slipping into the staff room.

"Stop working nights." She sulked, he laughed softly as he claimed her lips, "I missed you too Sweetcheeks." She smiled kissing him deeply, before resting down. "Night Muscles." "Night Sweetcheeks." he uttered, fiddling with her hair as he lay awake, content at the moment.