Chapter 64

Jacob lifted her up into his arms, "Whats this I hear about you having a boyfriend?" Jacob teased as he carried her through to the dining room, "I don't." Eliana shook her head vigorously, Eliana laughing as Jacob tickled her. "I think someone is telling fibs." "I'm not Daddy." She spoke as Jacob placed her down on the chair, "So Alfie isn't your boyfriend?" Connie asked as she placed the bowl before her, Grace strolling down the stairs. "Stop teasing her." Grace laughed as she sat down, "I'm not, just wanting to check she's okay." Jacob smiled.

"Jacob, she's three... hardly say it's relationship of the year." Connie chuckled as they strolled into work, "You never know Con." "It's sweet... He stands with her during physio at school, encouraging her." Connie smiled, walking through to the staff room.  "Never know a boy intentions Sweetcheeks." "Oh Shush Jacob Masters, they're three." Jacob laughed gently, kissing her head "Go and be amazing beautiful." He smiled, "Ditto." She smiled, claiming his lips gently. The pair rolled their eyes as Cal came in scoffing loudly, "Don't rise to it." Connie whispered quietly, tapping his chest lightly before getting on.

He watched as she exhaled, looking to the two children. "Call social services." She whispered quietly, Louise going off. "Can we not crowed them." Connie looked, the group of staff rushing off. Connie nodded her head to the curtains, Jacob shutting them. Connie sat on the end of the bed, "Can you tell me your names?" She asked softly, "Mummy said not too... are we in trouble?" The young boy asked, "You're not in trouble... My names Connie and this is Jacob and everyone here, who wears one of these badges, we want to help you." Connie smiled gently, "Eliot." He whispered so quietly it was almost mute, holding his sister tightly, "Your sister?" "Maisie." Connie nodded gently, "do you know your last name?" "Hall." Connie looked to Jacob who went to find their notes. "Do you feel poorly?" They shook their heads. "When did you last see your Mummy or Daddy?" "Tuesday... Mummy went with a man. He doesn't like us." Connie nodded slowly, "How about I see about you two having a shower, nice and clean? Hm?" Jacob strolling back in, standing up she came over "We need to try and take obs... they seem fine, well not fine but not sick." Connie whispered.

"How could anyone do that Jacob?" Connie breathed, he ran his hand down her back as he kissed her head. "I just want to go home... You forget how tough this job is." She sighed, he pressed his lips to her head, holding her close. "A few more hours and we get to see our girls and we can have a games night?" He questioned, Connie nodded gently "That'll be nice." Connie smiled. "Doctor Connie." The little boy smiled, Connie moved to look at him, "Eliot? Aren't you looking better." "A man wants to take us now... what about Mummy?" Connie came and took his hand "This man, he wants to help you too-" "But we like you." Connie smiled gently, dropping to his level "I know Sweetheart, but I can't look after you and your sister, it's complicated." Connie spoke gently, "But I want you to." He frowned, she wiped away his tears, "There might be someone even nicer." "No." "Yeah, I promise." She smiled kindly. "Eliot!" Maisie screamed as one of the social workers took her out, Eliot rushed after her, Connie sighing as she followed. "I want my sister!" He yelled, "Eliot." Connie called finally catching up, "You can't just run off." "I want my sister back! You lied!" "No, no Eliot... it's difficult, you'll see your sister, I know it... you just have to be taken separately." "Where?" "To a place where people can look after you." "I'll be okay?" "I promise."

"Good day?" Grace smiled as they strolled back to the car, Connie moved an arm around her the other pushing Eliana's chair "You know I love you more than anything?" "Course I do." Grace smiled, Connie kissed her head tenderly "And me?" Eliana asked, "And you baby." Connie smiled. "You sure you're okay?" "Yeah, I'm always okay... Now when Daddy gets home, we're having game night." "Yes!" The girls cheered, Grace getting into the car, Connie smiling fondly.