Chapter 77

"Go home." Jacob demanded, "I'm fine." Connie insisted, "I never asked that." Jacob sighed, looking as she lay on the bed, "Jacob, it's low blood pressure, calm down it happens to loads of women." Connie argued, sitting up, glaring as he came to aid her. "Connie, please." "I go home and be bored or I stay here and work, think it's a simple choice really." Connie snipped, Jacob inhaled sharply "Fine." He snapped holding his hands up before wandering away.

"Connie." Charlie smiled, peering his head round the curtain as she spoke to Robyn, "Yes?" She inquired, "School is on the phone." Charlie smiled, Connie turned to look at him nodding. "Sorry Mrs.Barker, I'll just go and get another doctor." Connie smiled politely, "Robyn can you do obs please?" Connie asked to which the nurse nodded.

She stood on the phone sighing heavily, "Okay, will you tell her I won't be long?" She asked, "Thank you." She added putting the phone down. "Everything okay?" Charlie asked kindly. "Why are children so cruel Charlie?" Connie asked quietly, "Hey, what's wrong?" Connie shook her head "No it's fine." She smiled, before wandering off to the staff room, getting her things. "Finally listening to me?" Jacob asked, "Grow up." She snipped, shutting her locker door shut forcefully. "Connie?" "No Jacob." She stated turning around to face him, "Just leave it." She added, going off to Elle's office, Jacob hot on her heel.

"Connie, what can I do for you?" Elle smiled, Jacob listening to the pair. "I need to go home, Eliana's school have been on the phone and a situations occurred and she wants to come home." Connie smiled weakly, "Go on... hope she's okay." "Thank you." Connie smiled before shutting the door and walking out the car. "Connie?" Jacob uttered, "Just go back to work Jacob." She sighed, "She's my daughter too! I deserve to know." "It's nothing serious Jacob... talk later." She added harshly getting into the car, swiftly driving off.

"Baby?" Connie smiled, picking her up. "They upset me Mummy." She sobbed, "I know, they're silly... but we can go home, in mine and Daddy's bed Hm?" Connie smiled, kissing her daughter's head. She nodded, burying her head into her mother's neck sniffling. Connie managed to push her chair out to the car with one hand before putting Eliana into the car.

The girls spent the afternoon in Connie's bed watching Eliana's favourite shows before going to get Grace and coming home. She sighed hearing the front door shut, knowing she'd been out of order with him. "El, where's Mummy?" "Kitchen." She smiled sweetly, he smiled back before going through. "Talking to me yet or are we still being a bitch?" He snapped shutting the door. She sighed heavily, "Jacob you're beginning to grate going on about me, it was low blood pressure-" "You fainted, I've never once asked you to go home." He argued, she rolled her eyes, "Yes well, I don't need a babysitter." She snipped. The room when quiet, sighing he looked to her "Why did El want to come home?" Connie shook her head "just leave it, please." Connie whispered. "Connie?" "They were on the bigger yard... some of the older kids thought it would be funny to take the mick... pushing her chair and just being dam right mean." Connie snipped. "They wouldn't even let Grace stay with her till I came and got her." Connie uttered. "She can come to work with us... cause chaos in the crèche tomorrow." He spoke softly, Connie hummed gently, "She's got a friction burn on her palm... trying to stop her chair." Connie uttered.

"Come here." He smiled, she moved into his arms sighing heavily, "Sorry." She whispered, "It's only because I care Con." "I know." Connie whispered. "I hate kids." She groaned, Jacob kissed her head "She's fine Con." "That's not the point... if they don't do anything, I'll lose it Jacob." "You and me both." He uttered kissing her head. "We good?" She asked, "Perfect." He smiled, "Mummy, Daddy!" Eliana called from the living room, "Yes baby." Connie smiled, opening the door. "Can I watch bing... a different one?" She asked, "Course you can baby." Connie smiled, moving to pick a different episode, "And Pizza for dinner?" She smirked, Connie arched a brow "You drive a hard bargain Missus." Connie stated, "Of Course you can princess." Jacob smiled, Eliana sticking her tongue out to her mother, snuggling into her fathers chest as he sat on the sofa. "I see how it is." Connie snipped, grinning as Jacob lifted an arm which she moved to.