Chapter 36

She rolled her eyes feeling the eyes on her as she strolled away from the cubical and into the side room. "Hey you." He smiled, she flashed him a brief smile before stepping closer, "Care to share why you thought it was okay to leave the ED without permission?" She asked, He chuckled gently "We have rules Staff Nurse Masters." She added "Sometimes they're meant to be broken." Connie looked at him.

"Well I'm simply just checking up on my patient." She commented, reading his chart. "Hm, Course you are." He smirked, "Now would you care to share why you didn't share with Iain?" He asked. "You never answered my question properly." She argued, before pulling the side down on the bed and sitting on the edge facing him. "I asked them to get a picture for you." She smiled passing it over, "Everything is perfect before you ask." He smiled fondly at her. "Grace?" "Sam's." She smiled gently. He nodded taking her hand, not caring for the people in and out the room. "When you allowed home?" "Tomorrow." "A whole day on my ward... I don't think so, I wanted a break." She teased. "You love me really." She hummed, "Luckily for you I do it I can't say you'd be working tomorrow." "I'm not anyway." She narrowed her eyes "You are really annoying." "And you really enjoy it." "I really don't know why." She chuckled.

"I can always text Sam, ask him to have her tonight." Connie looked "And where would Queen Bee sleep." "There's the on call room or we could just break some more rules today." He laughed gently, "You need a proper sleep." "Jacob, I sleep anywhere... I'm starting to think you don't want me here." "Course I do, I wouldn't want anyone else." She smiled kicking her shoes off before moving under the blanket carefully "Better." She smirked, "You truly are one of kind, I'll give you that Sweetcheeks." She smiled at him, kissing him gently. "Is that our baby?" He asked, pressing his hand to her stomach more, she rolled her eyes moving his hand to the correct place. "Con!" She smiled warmly at his excitement, "If you hadn't run off you'd have felt it sooner." She smirked, "Alright, I get you're mad at me." "I'm not mad at you, Ms.Beauchamp's mad at you, I'm more annoyed you let yourself get hurt." "I wasn't intending too." He reasoned, kissing her temple "I figured."

He watched her sleep, it now dark outside, his fingers brushing the hair from her face. "She looks even more beautiful when she sleeps." Cal commented, "What do you want?" Jacob sighed heavily, "I really want to know what she sees in you, but I guess I'll never know... I was going to come and make her get up but she looks too pretty so I'll let it slide." Jacob rolled his eyes not taking him on, watching him leave, he pressed his lips to her temple. "I love you beautiful." "I love you too." Connie mumbled, "I thought you were sleeping?" Connie hummed gently "Similarly to how I thought you were on my ward today." She mumbled, he shook his head laughing, "Night Con." "Night Muscles."