Chapter 90

"Ethan." She whispered, praying he would walk away but ultimately she knew he wouldn't. Her eyes drifted to Oscar, her heart continuing to beat considerably faster before she looked back to him. "Connie, I just want to talk." He called, she shook her head, starting her engine not knowing if she could trust him. He was quick to step out the way as she accelerated.

She put Oscar down for a nap as she arrived home, watching him as he slept a fond smile on her lips. Leaving the door ajar she went into her own room, slipping into her pyjamas along with Jacob's jumper. She frowned as she heard a noise, carefully she slipped out of the bedroom and in with Oscar, shutting the door and sitting in front of it.   

"Connie." He hissed as she didn't pick up, "Everything okay?" Charlie asked, "No actually, not one bit." He groaned, "Can I help?" He rubbed his face sighing, "Connie's not been to collect Eliana or Grace, Sam's gone to get Grace but Connie's got the car and El's seat- she can't use any other and she's not picking up her phone." "Can she sit on your lap?" Jacob looked at him, "I guess it's the only option." Jacob concluded, the pair going out to Charlie's car. "Is she alright Jacob?" "She left hear okay." He looked and if she wasn't, she'd be at a hospital and I'd know."

Arriving home, he couldn't help the anger that ran through him, knowing she was here all this time. "El, you go play." He smiled, "Mummy is silly for forgetting me." She giggled, he smiled down at his daughter, "Silly is one way of putting it." He muttered to himself as he made his way upstairs, checking their room before Grace's. 

"Connie." He snapped as he came into Oscar's room, "What the hell is going on? You practically abandon our girls and then don't pick up?" He snipped, "I saw him, Jacob, he was at the hospital and he wanted to talk." She sobbed, "I thought he followed me and I panicked." she sniffled, he frowned "Who?" "Ethan." He sighed heavily, "You could've picked up. Anything could've happened." He groaned, sitting next to her. "Don't be annoyed at me, I was scared." "Sadly Connie I am." He sighed, "You could have text me, phoned me and you chose not to."

She came and sat next to him that evening, "I'm sorry." "To be honest Connie, it's our girls that need to hear that because they were left- not a clue as to why or who would pick them up, when even." "I'm sorry I got panicked but he did try to kill us, Jacob!" "I'm not blaming you for that! But you just leaving them, It's uncalled for!" "What can I do to fix it, Jacob?" She whispered he sighed heavily. "Maybe you need to speak with him because he is out and I'm not doing this every time you see him." he uttered, she looked at him nodding slowly "I can do that." She whispered, He opened his arms which she gladly fell into "I'm sorry if I've seemed harsh but you've acted carelessly and If I wasn't, you wouldn't have seen that." she nodded as he kissed her head, Oscar's cries erupting, "I'll go." Jacob looked, she nodded moving away, sighing as he left the room.