Chapter 97

He stumbled in the house, the time unknown as he took his coat off, tripping over Eliana's shoe "Fuck." He hissed. Connie strolled out of the kitchen "Feel like coming home did we?" she looked, "Sorry." "It's two in the morning- Jacob you have work-" "Looks like I don't." He slurred, She sighed "You can't just choose to parent, regardless of what has gone on between us." 

She sighed taking a seat on the floor next to him, realising arguing was pointless when he was in this state. "I'm sorry for snapping, the way it's been- I know you're just trying to help." he hummed "Yeah I was." he exhaled "I spoke to Sam... Sorry." She shook her head, "Someone needed too." She whispered, looking at him. "You've had me worried all evening, night." "Sorry." He looked, tucking some hair behind her ear "I love you Ms.Beauchamp." "I love you too, now let's get you to bed." She smiled, helping him to stand. 

"When will we get married?" He asked as she sat him on the bed, Connie looked up "When would you like us to get married?" "Right now." She laughed gently, moving to take his shoes off, "I don't think right now is possible." "Well as soon as." He smiled, She sat across his lap, "I can agree to that." She smiled, "Really?" She nodded kissing him softly, "Come on Masters you need sleep." He hummed gently. "Thank you." "What for?" "Not shouting at me for getting like this." "Wait till tomorrow." She smirked, he laughed gently.

She came upstairs the next morning placing a glass of water and painkillers on the side for him, sitting on the bed, she caressed his cheek. "Hmmm..." "How you feeling?" She asked softly, "Hungover." "That's your own fault." She laughed kissing his cheek, leaving him to get ready.

"What is he doing here?" Grace asked, looking to her father who stood on the doorstep, "To see you, go get ready." "I don't particularly want to." "Emma won't be there- just us." Sam smiled, "I don't want to." "Grace." Connie looked, "Fine! Not like it's my life and I should have a choice!" She yelled storming upstairs, "She'll come round." Connie smiled weakly.

"She doesn't sound too impressed," Jacob mumbled as Connie sat feeding Oscar, Sam and Grace now out. "Like you said, she needs too." He nodded, sitting next to her, shutting his eyes as he rested on Connie's shoulder. "Daddy! Come play!" Eliana giggled, he groaned quietly, "I've not felt like this in years." "Who's faults that?" She smirked, He exhaled, "Sorry." She shook her head kissing him softly. "Daddy!" Eliana yelled, she smirked watching him wander off. "Your Daddy is very silly." Connie cooed to Oscar.

"You meant what you said last night?" He asked as they lay on the Sofa together, Oscar asleep in his crib, Eliana watching the film. "What?" "About getting married." "Course I did." She grinned, claiming his lips. He smiled wrapping his arms around her, watching the film.

"You and your Dad okay Firecracker?" Jacob questioned, "I suppose... I overreacted a little." Connie smiled listening "I'm glad you're okay." "Me too... Thank you both for making me go." The pair nodded before she skipped off upstairs to bed. She moved her arms around him, "I love you." "Ditto." He replied with a smirk, Connie laughing gently.