Detention

"I go to go, I've got detention." I said and left Harry to head to Professor Snape's class. Once I entered, Draco was already there talking to Snape about something. "Am I late, professor?" I questioned. "No, just take a seat Ms. Potter." professor Snape said.

I did as he said and glared at Draco before sitting a desk over from him. Snape spoke, "You both will be doing some lines for me." I got out a piece of parchment and my pen. "What do you want us to write?" Draco asked. "I Must Not Pass Notes." Snape stated. "How many times?" I asked. "10. You have an hour." and with that he left Draco and I alone.

I was a bit confused why he was making us write so little, but I didn't complain. We both finished quickly and placed the piece of parchment on his desk with still about 55 minutes left. "Are you mad at me?" Draco asked. I turned to face him "Yes actually." I said. "Why?"

"Because of the way you acted during flying lessons. I thought you were different, but you care more about your reputation that you seem so desperate to keep." He looked sad and hurt. "I'm sorry, I really truly am." He spoke. He came up to me and took my hand in his which made butterflies fill my stomach. "Please, forgive me." Draco almost begged.

My faced softened at his statement. Why was it so hard to be mad at him? It feels almost impossible to even glare at him. The weird feeling cams back too when I saw him as I entered. I spoke, "Okay, I forgive you." He smiled with relief and wrapped his arms around my waist embracing me in a hugged. I hugged him back and we both just enjoyed the moment for a while.

I pulled away and asked, "So, what did Ron tell you this morning?" He looked nervous when I asked. Why did he and Ron get nervous when I ask. "It's was nothing important, just told me off." he spoke. "He seems to fancy you." he said with what sounded like a bit of jealousy.

"Hermione said the same thing. I highly doubt he does." I said. "Why do you say that?" Draco asked. "Why would he want to be with me?" "And why not? Your an amazing person, (Y/N)." Those words made me smile. "Do you...fancy him?" Draco asked nervously.

I thought about it for a moment. "No." I stated. "Do you fancy anyone?" He questioned. "I don't know." I answered truthfully. "What about you?" I questioned him. Draco seemed to have tensed up. "No, I-I don't." he choked out. "I know you're lying. Is it Pansy?" I asked. He grimaced at the words. "Ew! No, not that pug face Parkinson!" he spat.

I chuckled a bit. "Then who?" "It's not important." Draco said trying to finish the conversation. "Come on Draco, tell me." I spoke. He just shook his head. I walked up to him and started poking him. "Stop that." he said. "Not until you tell me." I responded. He jumped forward and started to tickle me. "Stop please, truce!" I laughed out.

"Fine, truce." he laughed with  me. I stopped laughing and looked at him in the eyes for a bit. I never noticed how handsome Draco was. His grey eyes were stunning, they way he slicked back his platinum blonde was amazing, and the fact that he acts differently around me meant something, I just don't know what.

I snapped back to reality and spoke, "So, tell me about yourself. Who is Draco Malfoy?" I asked. "Well, I come from a very rich and powerful pure blood family. Who, for generations, were Slytherins. My mother is a nice women, sometimes, and my father..."

Draco stopped and looked down. "Is a man who works for the ministry of magic, who works none stop...and thinks blood status is everything. He raised me to think like that too." He finished and placed his hands on the desk. "You don't act prejudice towards me." I said placing my hands on his and smiled. He blushed a little then spoke, "So, now it's your turn to tell me about yourself. Who is (Y/N) Potter?"

I thought about what to tell him. "Well, I was raised by muggles along with my twin brother. We're each other's best friends. We share a bed in a cupboard under the stairs-" I spoke. "A cupboard? You live in a cupboard?" Draco interrupted.

I nodded and continued, "My parents died when Harry and I were a year old. I tend to have these dreams that are like flashbacks of them, from time to time." I stopped for a moment and thought about my parents and how I never really meet them. "And I have a butterfly knife I keep with me at all times." I finished. Draco looked confused. "A what?"

I smiled and pulled it out of your pocket. "It's a muggle weapon. Comes in handy." I said and flipped it open to reveal the blade. "Whoa." Draco beamed. "Can I see it?" I handed it to him. He examined it for a moment then handed it back. I flipped it closed then put it back in my pocket. "Did you bring any other muggle things?" He asked. I smiled and got out my pen and handed it to him.

"Much more efficient than dipping the quill in ink every five seconds." I said amused on how fascinated he was about the things that I found common. He handed back my pen and you put it back in my bag. "My parents would kill me if I had any muggle artifacts." Draco said. "I don't know what my aunt and uncle would do if I brought magical artifacts home." I said. "They tried to keep me from coming to Hogwarts in the first place." "Why?"

"They said they wanted to put an end to all the nonsense...and said that we were freaks." I answered looking down. Draco spoke up, "They're just jealous. They're ordinary," Draco put his finger under my chin making me look at him.

Then he placed his thumb under my lip. "You're special." He finished looking me in the eyes. We both leaned in closer and closer. Then Professor Snape the burst through the doors causing us to jump back. "Your detention is over, you are dismissed." he said.

"Well, I better go and find Harry." I said getting my things. "Oh, and Miss Potter." Snape said  "Congratulations on making the Quidditch team." he smiled. "You made the team!?" Draco beamed. "You're probably the youngest player in, a century." I smiled. "Maybe I'm just that good." I said and left.

Draco's pov:

I watched as (Y/N) left the room, her gorgeous (h/c) wavy hair bouncing a bit as she did so. When she opened the door the light hit it giving it a tint of red. She really is breath taking. "So, did anything, interesting happen?" Snape asked snapping out of my thoughts.

I turned to see Professor Snape smirking. "We talked about muggle things." I replied. "Muggle things? I thought you hated muggle subjects?" he said. "I do, I absolutely despise it...but when she talks about it, it's different. Don't tell my father." I said the last part a bit scared. "I won't. Now run along now." And with that I left.