Dementors

We were on the train looking for a compartment for all five of us. We were telling them about what happened with aunt Marge. "We didn't mean to blow her up." I said. "We just... lost control." Harry said. "Brilliant." Ron beamed. "Honestly, Ron, it's not funny. Harry and (Y/N) are lucky they didn't get expelled." Hermione said.

"I still think it's brilliant." Draco said. "Hi Harry, and (Y/N). Ron. Hermione." Neville greeted. "Hi Neville." The trio and I said. He looked at Draco with a bit of fear then looked down and scurried off. He smirked at the sight. "Does that always happen?" Ron questioned. "What?" Draco questioned. "Are people often scared of you?"

"Well, who isn't scared of the Slytherin prince." I joked. "You're not scared of him." Ron pointed out. "Because she's my Slytherin princess." Draco smirked and grabbed took my hand in his. "Guys, stop flirting. Come on, we're in here." Hermione snickered.

We all got in to a compartment with a grown man inside, a professor I assume. There wasn't much room for everyone to sit. So when Draco sat down I sat on his lap. "Getting comfortable, are we?" He said. "A Slytherin princess needs her throne." I smirked. "I'm not complaining, love." He smirked back then wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him.

"Don't get too excited, Draco." Harry said. "Who'd you reckon he is?" Ron questioned. "Professor R.J. Lupin." Hermione answered. "You know everything. How is it that she knows everything?" Ron questioned. "It's one his suite case, Ronald." I said. "Oh, still." Ron said.

"Isn't that cute? Ron just complemented Granger." Draco smirked. "N-No I didn't." Ron stuttered. "You said she knew everything, you called her smart." I said. "We-Well she is." Ron said and Hermione blushed. I looked at Lupin and something felt different. "Does he seem familiar to you guys?" I asked and they shook their heads.

"Is he really sleeping?" Harry asked. "Seems to be." Draco said. "Why? What is it, Harry?" I questioned. He got up and close the door then sat back down. Harry explained everything that him and Mr. Weasley talked about. "Let me get this straight. Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban to come after you two?" Ron said trying to take everything in.

"Yes." Harry said. "But they'll catch Black, won't they? I mean... eventually?" Hermione said worried. "They better do it fast or I will." Draco said with anger flooding his voice. "Draco, calm down-" "I'm not gonna calm down, Potter. How do you expect me to be calm when a killer is out to get my girlfriend." He snapped. "(Y/N), can you find a way calm him down?" Harry questioned.

"I have one but you're not gonna like it." I said. "Just do it, (Y/N)." Hermione said. I grabbed Draco's face and kissed him. I felt him cool down and kissed back then I pulled away. "Ok, I'm fine now." He sighed. Harry spoke up, "You're right princess, next time I should have let him be." "What do you do when he gets a bad grade?" Hermione joked. "Oh god, my innocent ears." Ron joked.

We all laughed then the train stopped. "Why're we stopping? We can't be there yet..." Hermione said. I got up and looked out of the window. The light flickered then turned off. "What's happening?" Ron questioned. "Dunno... Maybe we broke down." Harry suggested. "There's something moving out there. I think... people are coming on broad." I said.

Then everything froze, like literally froze. The windows started growing frost. Then the train jerks forward. "Bloody hell! What's happening!?" Draco said. Then we all saw a dark figure approach the door. Draco quickly got up then wrapped his arms around me, shielding me from it.

It opened the door without touching it. It was a Dementor. It looked at Harry and he started doing something to him. Then professor Lupin got up and a light came out of his wand sending it away. Then Harry passed out and the lights came back on then the train started moving.

"Harry!" I said going to him. "Wake up Harry, wake up." I said shaking him. "He'll be fine." Lupin said. Harry got up and I gave him a tight hug. "Are you alright?" I questioned. "I'm fine, princess." He assured. Professor Lupin handed him something. "Chocolate. Eat. It'll help."

"Thanks. What was that thing?" Harry questioned looking at me, knowing I have the answer. "A Dementor. Guardian of Azkaban, it's gone now though." I replied. "It was searching the train. For Sirius Black." Hermione spoke. "I need to have a word with the driver." Lupin said handing Harry the pack of chocolate. "Eat. It'll help." He said.

"Excuse me, sir. But have we met before, your voice sounds, familiar." I questioned. He looked at me and he smiled at himself a bit. ".... Can't say that I have, good day." He said quickly and left. I was confused a bit but then shook it off. I sat back down on Draco's lap. We all talk and joked the rest of the way to Hogwarts.

When we got to the school Draco and I separated from the trio to go to our table. Once everyone sat down and the first years were sorted Dumbledore spoke. "Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say, before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. I myself am particularly looking forward to the flaming kiwi cups, which, while somewhat treacherous for those of us with facial hair." McGonagall cleared her throat and Dumbledore continued.

"Mm. Yes. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts. Good luck to you, Professor." Some clapped for him as he stood. "As some of you may know, Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!"

Everyone clapped for Hagrid. Especially the trio, Draco and I. When everyone stopped clapping Dumbledore spoke again. "Finally, on a more disquieting note, Hogwarts-at the request of the Ministry of Magic-will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban." The hall filled with whispers.

I was a bit worried about Harry. "The Dementors will be stationed at the entrances to the grounds. While they are under strict orders not to enter the castle itself, you will on occasion see them as you go about your daily activities. Under no circumstances are you to approach them. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving."

Everyone became a bit uneasy. "But remember." Dumbledore said. "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times," he switch his hand over a candle and it went out. "If only one remembers to turn on the light." He finished. Then he turned the candle back on ten times brighter.