Dobby

I was in my room with Harry. We finally got a real room because we were getting too big for the cupboard. We had on wardrobe to share, a bed on either side of the room for us, and one desk. I was on my bed flipping through the photo book and Harry was on the desk doing the same.

We haven't heard from our friends all summer. We assumed they were busy, also Harry and I haven't been able to let our owls out. They were getting bored and started making a lot of noise. "We can't let you two out, Storm." I said to him. "Yeah Hedwig, Uncle Vernon-" Harry started and they both squawked at the name. "POTTERS!" Uncle Vernon yelled. "Now you've done it" Harry and I spat together.

We went down stairs, aunt petunia was preparing a pudding cake while Dudley was trying to sneak a bit of it. "I'm warning you two, you better keep those bloody birds quiet or I'll have the go." Uncle Vernon snapped.

"Their bored. If we could just let them out," "for just an hour or two." Harry finished my sentence. "And have you two sending secret messages to your freaky little friends? No, sir." He spat. "But we haven't gotten any messages." "From any of our friends." "Not one. All summer." Harry and I said. "Who'd want to be friends with you?" Dudley spat.

"Sod off, unless you want a par of ears to go with the tail you got." I spat, glaring at him. He looked frightened then coward away. "I should think you'd be more grateful. We raise you two since you were babies, give you food off our table, even let you have Dudley's second bedroom... purely out of the goodness of our hearts." Vernon said.

"Really cause what I over heard the other day, is that you gave us the room because aunt petunia was afraid we would turn you into beetles if you put us back in the cupboard." I said with a matter of fact voice. Aunt petunia looked shocked that I found out.

I could hear Harry snicker a wee bit. Dudley tried to touch the cake she was making. "Not yet pumpkin, wait until the Masons arrive." She said. "Which will be any moment." Vernon hurried.

I rolled my eyes knowing that Harry and I would have to stay in our room the rest of the night. "Now. Let's run through our schedule one more time. Petunia, when the Masons get here, you will be-" "In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home." "Good. And Dudley?" "I'll be waiting to open the door." "Brilliant." They all looked at us. "And you two?"

"We'll be in my bedroom, making no noise and pretending we don't exist." Harry and I stated together. "Right you two are now off you go." Vernon said. Harry and I went to our room. "I still can't believe that they still think we can use magic." Harry whispered as we went up the stairs. "Yeah, I thought they would be calling our bluffs." I whispered back and we both lightly giggled.

As we were about to enter our room Harry stopped in the door way. "Harry, what's wrong?" I questioned. He stepped in and out of the way for me to see. There was a house elf, I've read about them, it was jumping on Harry's bed. I closed the door behind me and once it noticed us it stopped jumping and got down.

It had what looked like a pillow case on. "Harry and (Y/N) Potter, such an honor it is to meet you." It beamed. "What...who are you?" Harry asked. "Dobby, sir. Dobby the house elf." He said.

"I knew you were one. Not to be rude or anything, Dobby, but this isn't a great time to have a house elf in our room right now." I said. "Oh, yes, ma'am, Dobby understands. It's just that, Dobby has come to tell you... it is difficult, ma'am...Dobby wonders where to begin." He said.

"Why don't you sit down?" Harry suggested. "Yeah, and you don't have to call me 'ma'am" I said politely. Dobby looked taken by what we said and started whaling. "Shh! We didn't mean to offend you or anything." Harry and I said trying to shut him up. "Offend Dobby! Dobby has heard of your greatness, but never has he been asked to sit down by a wizard, like an equal...let alone asked not to refer to a superior as 'ma'am'." Dobby said.