Parseltongue

We were in the great hall for dueling lessons. The table were arranged so that they would be a long platform. Lockhart spoke, "Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions, for full details, see my published works." He threw his cape to a group of fan girls.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape." Severus went up on the tables. "He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear!"

"Good luck, Severus." I said. He smiled at me and walked up to the tables to face Lockhart. They put their wands up in front of their faces then swiftly put it to their sides and bowed. They walked a few paces away from eachother then took their stance. "1...2...3," Lockhart said cheekily.

"Expelliarmus!" Severus spoke and sent Lockhart flying back. Everyone giggled, mostly the Slytherins. "Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy."

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." Severus suggested. Lockhart looked embarrassed but then smiled. "An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, how about you?"

That's not a good idea, due to Ron's wand. "Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house. Malfoy, perhaps." Severus motioned Draco to go up.

"Well, then why doesn't... Miss Granger be his second." Lockhart suggested. "I suppose." Severus said. He turned to the crowd then looked at me. "Then why doesn't Miss Potter be Malfoy's second." "Very well, seconds get up on platform." Lockhart instructed. Draco went up to me and offered his hand with a smile. I took it and he helped me on to the platform.

"Seconds, go first." I went up to Hermione and we met in the middle. "Wands at the ready. Use it to disarm your opponents, only to disarm. We don't want any accidents." We put our wands in front of our faces. "Good luck." I said. "You too." She smiled.

We swiftly put it to our sides a took a few paces away from each other. "1...2...3." "Expelliarmus!" I said quickly and disarmed Hermione, everyone clapped. "Nice one, love." Draco smirked then kissed my cheek. "Now Potter, Malfoy your turn." Lockhart said. This isn't going to be good. "Wish me luck?" Draco smirked.

He pointed to his cheek and I giggled then kissed it. "Good luck, and try not to kill him." "No promises, love." He joked and went to meet Harry in the middle. "Scared Potter?" Draco asked smugly. "You wish." Harry responded. Then swiftly put their wands to their side and took a few paces away from each other.

They took their stance. "1...2.." "Everta Statum!" Draco casted and sent Harry flying back. Harry got up angrily. "Rictusempra!" Harry shouted and blasted Draco back and landed on his arse. I was going to go to him but Severus picked him up and pushed him forward. "I said disarm only." Lockhart said.

"Serpensortia!" Draco said and a snake came out of his wand. Harry and I slowly started to walk towards it. "Look at all of the victimss..." It hissed. "Don't hurt anyone." Harry said. "What about this one." It said turning to a Hufflepuff boy. "Leave him." Harry said. It didn't listen. "Leave him." I said. "As you wish." It turned to me.

Draco's pov:

"Si ha sienth." (Y/N) hissed and the snake turned to her and hissed. Snape casted a spell at it and it disappeared into black smoke. "What you two playing at?" The Hufflepuff said. They looked at him confused. Weasley got them off of the table and took them away. I quickly followed them.

Him and Granger took them into the Gryffindor common room and I slipped in through the door before it closed.

Your pov:

"You didn't tell us you two were Parselmouths." Ron said. "Oi Weasley," I heard, it was Draco. He came up to me and pulled me close to him. "Next time don't take my girlfriend away without bringing me." He spat. "Okay, it's sweet how protective you are, Draco, but what is a Parselmouth?" I questioned.

"You can talk to snakes." Hermione said. "That's wicked." Draco beamed. "I know. I mean, we accidentally set a python on my cousin Dudley at the zoo once." "But so what? I bet loads of people here can do it." Harry and I said. "No. They can't. It's not a very common gift, guys. This is bad." Hermione said worried.

"What's bad?" I questioned. Harry spoke, "If we hadn't told that snake not to attack Justin-" "Oh, that's what you said to it." Draco said. "You were there." I said. "You hears us." Harry said. "We heard you speaking Parseltongue. Snake language." Ron said.

"We spoke a different language? But we didn't realize." "How can we speak a language without knowing we can?" Harry and I said. "I don't know. But it sounded like you were egging the snake on or something." Hermione said. "Listen. There's a reason the symbol of Slytherin house is a serpent. Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth. He could talk to snakes too."

"Exactly. And now the whole school's going to think you're his great-great-great grandchildren or something." Ron said. "But we're not." Harry said. "We can't be." I said. "He lived a thousand years ago. For all we know... you could be." Hermione said.

I got worried and I'm a Slytherin too, that's not gonna look good on my part. Draco must have noticed because he took my hand in his and gave me a reassuring smiled. I smiled back, but I still couldn't help feeling worried. This isn't going to be good.