Liquid Luck

I woke up with my naked body entangled with Draco's. I smiled and kissed his forehead softly. "Draco, wake up." I said slightly shaking him. He groaned then wrapped his arm around my waist and held me tightly to keep me from leaving. I giggled a bit at this.

"I would love to stay, love, but I'm naked and class starts in fifteen minutes." I whispered. Draco sighed then pecked my lips before letting go and getting up. I got up and gathered my cloths quickly putting them on. "Can't you stay for a few more minutes?" Draco pouted, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

I finished buttoning my shirt up. "Class starts soon and the others are going to wake up." I said. "Fine." He sighed then let go. I went to my room and changed into a fresh uniform then went down to the common room and met up with Draco. "Come on, love." He smiled grabbing my hand. We walked out and to our surprise Harry was waiting outside.

"Harry? What are you doing here?" I asked. "Came to take you away from that." Harry said. "Here we go again." Draco said. "Harry, you're being ridiculous." I said. "No, I'm not now let's go." He commanded. "No, I refuse." I protested. "I didn't want to do this." Harry sighed then swiftly threw me over his shoulders. "Potter!" Draco snapped.

"Sorry, Draco." Harry said then took me away. "You're being stupid!" I snapped at Harry as he carried me away. "I'm keeping you safe." Harry said then put me down to the side of a crowded hallway next to Ron who was laughing at the first years. "How many times do I have to tell you that Draco isn't dangerous. He'd never hurt me." I said.

He was about to say something but he was interrupted. "Potters!" McGonagall called. We huffed and walked over to her. "Enjoying ourself, are we?" She asked. "Sort off." I said. "Well, you see, we've got an open period this morning, Professor." Harry explained. "So I noticed. I would think you'd want to fill it with Potions. Or is it no longer your ambition to become an Aurors?"

"It is. But we were told we had to get an Outstanding in our O.W.L.s." I said. "And so you did when Professor Snape was teaching Potions. However, Professor Slughorn is perfectly happy to accept N.E.W.T. students with 'Exceeds Expectations.'" "Really? Well... brilliant. We'll head there straight away." Harry said.

"Good. And take Weasley with you. He looks far too happy over there." McGonagall joked. I smiled then Harry and I went to Ron. "Come on, Ron, we're going to potions." Harry said as we started walking. "But I don't want to take Potions!" He whined. "Well too bad." I said. As we approached the door of the classroom a delicious aroma filled my lungs.

"Where's the smell coming from?" I asked. When we entered the class everyone looked at us, obviously we were late. The smell became stronger when we entered. I saw Draco and he smiled at me, I smiled back. "Harry, (Y/N)! I was beginning to worry! And I see we've brought someone with us." Professor Slughorn said.

"Ron Weasley, sir. But I'm dead awful at Potions, a menace actually, so I probably should just be going." Ronald said but I hit his arm. "Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of the Potters is a friend of mine. Right then, books out." Slughorn said.

"Um, sorry, sir, but I haven't got my book yet." "Nor's Ron." Harry finished my sentence. "Not to worry. You can get what you need from the cupboard. Though from what I heard from Professor Snape you don't need one, Miss Potter." Slughorn complemented. "Thank you, professor, but even the master needs their training." I said.

I went to the cupboard with the others. There were only two books, a brand new one and a old raggedy one. "I'll share with Harry, I guess." I said. Harry and Ron shared a look then started struggle with eachother for the new one. Ron won and Harry grabbed the old one then whacked Ron's hand with it.

We went to stand with the rest of the class. I was going to stand next to Draco but Harry stood between us. We looked at each other then shrugged. "Now, as I was saying, I've prepared a few concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be? Yes, Miss...?" Slughorn said.

"Granger, sir. That one there is Veritaserum. And that would be Polyjuice Potion. And that is Amortentia! The most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person, according to what attracts them. For example, I smell freshly mown grass and new parchment and spearmint toothpaste." Hermione said lightly blushing.

That's why it smells so familiar, it's Draco. "What do you smell?" Harry asked. "Strawberry perfume, vanilla cap stick, and cherry blossoms." Draco smirked at me. "I was asking my sister but okay." Harry said. "Expensive cologne, mint, and apples." I smirked back at Draco. "Sir, you haven't told us what's in that one." A student said.

Slughorn picked up a small vial of clear liquid. "What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen, is a curious little potion known as Felix Felicis. But it is more commonly referred to as-" "Liquid Luck." I interrupted.

"Yes, Miss Potter. Desperately tricky to make. Disastrous should you get it wrong. But brewed correctly, as this has been, it has remarkable powers. One sip and you will find that all your endeavors succeed... at least until the effects wear off. So. This is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of liquid luck... to the student who, in the hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death, the recipe for which can be found on page ten of your textbook."

The class beamed with excitement. "You should know that in all the years of my previous tenure at Hogwarts, not once did a student brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. In any event, good luck." Slughorn said. Everyone filled up the stations.

"Sir, there aren't enough cauldrons." I said. "That's fine, why don't you work with your brother." Slughorn suggested. I nodded and went to the Harry's station. I opened the book and the cover reads 'Property of the Half-Blood Prince.' I look at it curious then flipped to the page.

It had notes in it correcting the book. Harry and I shared a look before we continued reading. We crushed the ingredient we were meant to cut then put it in the cauldron. "How did you do that?" Hermione questioned.

"Crush it. Don't cut it." Harry and I said simultaneously. "No the instructions specifically say to cut." Hermione said sternly. "No. Really." Harry and I replied. We worked on the potion in perfect harmony. As Harry would add ingredients I would steer the potion and the other way around.

The class looked at us in awe as we worked on our potion. We added the last ingredient in and stepped back finished. Slughorn tested our potion and look in awe. "Merlin's Beard! But it's perfect. So perfect I daresay one sip would kill us all!" Slughorn beamed.

Harry and I smiled at each other. Draco smiled at me giving me a 'not bad' face. "Here you are then, as promised. One bottle of Felix Felicis. Use it well. And share." Slughorn said and handed us the bottle. I smiled then hid the book in my robe.