Detention...again

All five of us were walking outside as Mr. Filch lead us to Hagrid's hut. Draco was standing next to me as always while Hermione was on the other side of me. "A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming." Filch said. Draco gulped and as well as I.

"What the fu-" I said but were cut off by Hermione nudging me. "(Y/N)!" She whispered yelled and I raised my hands up in defense. "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest." Filch said. We all approached Hagrid, he had a crossbow and was sniffing. "A sorry lot this, Hagrid. Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Filch said.

I looked at Hagrid. "What happened to Norbert?" I asked. "Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony." He said sadly. "Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind." Hermione said trying to comfort him.

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all." "Oh, for Gods sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you." Filch said.

Draco then spoke, "The forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are..." Draco jumped and grabbed my hand when he heard a howl. "...werewolves." he finished. "There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that." Filch said. Draco tighten the grip he had on my hand. "Nighty-Night." and with that Filch left.

Draco still had a grip on my hand and I smiled to myself a bit. "Right then, lets go." Hagrid said. We all walked in to the forest, Draco my held mine in one hand and the lantern in his other. Hagrid stopped in front of a puddle of silver liquid. He went down and touched it, rubbing it against his fingers. "Hagrid, what's that?" Harry and I asked simultaneously.

"What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood, that is." Hagrid said. "I read about them." I said. "A unicorn is a symbol of the sacred. Baby unicorns are born pure gold with silvery blood. Their coats also turn silver once they are around the age of two years, and they become pure white when they mature."

"I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something." Hagrid responded. "Slaying a unicorn is a horrible crime on it's own. Who would want to hurt such a beautiful creature?" I frowned. Draco put his other hand on my shoulder for reassurance.

Hagrid got up and spoke, "So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, Draco you'll come with me." Hagrid said "Harry, you stay close to your sister." Harry nodded. I let go of Draco's hand and went to stand next to Harry. "Wait, shouldn't someone else go with them?" Ron said. "To protect (Y/N) in case something happens to Harry."

"I can take care of myself, thank you very much." I huffed. "Yeah, she's strong enough to stand her own." Draco said. I smiled at him which he returned. "I know she is, but just in case." Ron insisted. I rolled my eyes at this. "Fine then, if you insist Ron." Hagrid said. Ron stepped forward proudly about to say something but Hagrid interrupted him. "Draco, why don't you go with them."

Harry groaned in displeasure and I nudged him. "Of course, I would love to." Draco smirked. He walked up and went next to me. Ron looked disappointed at the situation. "Alright then, you guys go that way while we go this way. Stay close to eachother." Hagrid instructed.

"Can we get Fang?" Draco asked. "Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward." Hagrid said. Fang whined so I pet him to try and comfort him. "It's okay to be scared, Fang." I said. "Malfoy's scared too." Harry said. "I'm not scared, Potter." Draco spat.

Ron made a howling noise causing Draco to jump and wrap his arms tightly around my waist. The trio started laughing and I blushed. "It's just Ron, Draco." I said. Draco looked at me and blushed then pulled away. "Lets go." He said. We were about to leave but then Hagrid spoke, "Oh and (Y/N), knife at the ready." I nodded and got out my switch knife and flipped it open.