Chapter 24- First Date

The next morning, I woke up and couldn’t stop thinking about what Niall was planning for our first date.

All of the guys were gone and said they had to do something, so it was just Gaby and me in the house.

“Gaby?” I asked when we were in the kitchen making breakfast.

“Yeah?”

“Have you and Harry been on your first date yet?”

“Yeah. We went to dinner and then a movie. Why?”

“Niall said he’s taking me on our first date today at two. He said to dress semi-formal. Do you know what he’s planning?”

She looked at me with wide eyes. “What? No! Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Come on, we need to find you something to wear!” She said, dragging me to my room.

We looked in my closet and after some digging, she found an amazing outfit (picture at the right). I checked my phone and it said 1:00.

“We still have some time to kill. What should we do now?” I asked.

“Oh! Let me fix your hair and make-up! Please!” Gaby whined.

I nodded my head, giggling.

“Yes!” Gaby led me to the bathroom and started doing my hair, which ended up being curled and put in a complicated updo (external link).  She did my make-up so my lips were a pretty shade of pink and the rest of my make-up looked natural.

I looked at my phone. The time was 1:45.

“Can you drop me off at the park now?” I asked Gaby.

“Sure! Let’s go!”

We got in the car and started heading towards the park.

“This is going to be amazing!” Gaby exclaimed.

“I hope so,” I said. “You’re super excited, and it’s my date.” I said, giggling. "You might be more nervous than I am."

“Tell me everything after!” she squealed.

“I will, don’t worry, but what I want to keep private will stay private." I wagged a finger at her as she pouted.

We finally arrived at the park. I had butterflies in my stomach because I was anxious yet thrilled at the same time.

“Wish me luck,” I said, getting out of the car.

“Good luck!” Gaby called out to me.

I started walking down the stone path to the water fountain. I was all smiley until I actually got to the fountain, and I saw the unthinkable: Niall was kissing another girl.

His hands were on her waist and finally, he pulled away.

“Niall,” I started, but my voice broke off.

“Jasmine! It’s not what it looks like!”

“Really? Because I think it’s exactly what it looks like.” I said, starting to walk away.

I felt used. Tears were streaming out of my eyes, and I had no intension on stopping them. I've been chaeted on, but I never thought it'd happen again. Just my luck.

Then, Niall came and tugged on my arm, pulling me back. He turned me around to face him. “Jasmine, please listen to me.”

“Don’t touch me.” I hissed at him.

I saw his eyes fill with tears.

“Who was that girl?!” I demanded.

“She’s just a fan. I’ve never seen her in my life! Please, you have to believe me!”

I hesitated. “How do I know you’re not lying?”

He didn’t respond.

“That’s what I thought.” I said, walking away.

to be continued...