Chapter 36- An Unexpected Call

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of a phone ringing. I looked around, frantically looking for my phone. Finally, I found it in between the cushions of the sofa. I checked the caller ID to see who was calling and saw an unknown number on the screen. I quickly ran upstairs into my room to answer without disturbing Niall's sleep.

“Hello?” I said into the phone.

“Hi, Jasmine!” I heard a squeaky voice from the other line say.

“Hey, is this Alison?” I asked, referring to my little cousin, and Gaby's sister.

She giggled. “Yeah. How did you know it was me?”

“I recognize that tiny voice of yours. What’s up, babe?” I asked her, giving a small laugh.

“Oh, well, um, there was kind of an accident.”

My voice became worried now. “Accident? What kind of an accident?”

“Well, Isabelle was playing in a softball game and she slid into a base, but broke her arm.”

“Oh, my god. That’s terrible!”

“Yeah, she just wanted to talk to you.”

“Oh, ok. Can you put her on the phone then, Allie?”

“Ok, here she is.”

“Hello?” Isabelle’s annoying yet comforting voice sounded.

“Hi, Izzy. Are you ok?”

“Yeah, my arm’s just kind of… broken.” She said sarasically.

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. Do you know when you’ll be ok?”

“The doctor said it’d be a few weeks until I can actually play again.”

“Oh, well that’s not so bad. You slid into a base?" I clarified.

"Yeah; home plate."

"Were you safe?" I asked, smiling now.

"You can bet all my One Direction posters I was! Speaking of which, I hear you met them?" I could hear the jealousy in her voice.

"Not only that, hun, but I'm living with them."

"I hate you so much right now." she joked. "Are you dating any of them?" she asked firmly.

I felt a blush form on my cheeks. "Maybe."

"Shut up! Which one?" she asked in disbelief.

"N-Ni-" but she cut me off.

"You're dating Niall Horan?" she screamed.

I heard Alison squeal from a distance and I laughed. "Yeah, I know. It's like a dream."

"I hope it is! I'll smack you right out of that dream." she said humorously.

"Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me." I giggled. "Where are you calling from, by the way? I don't recognize the number.”

“I'm calling from the hospital. Oh! And Mom wants to talk to you.”

“Ok, put her on.”

“Hello? Jasmine?” I heard my mom say.

“Hi!” I sang into the phone.

“Oh I miss you guys so much. How are you and Gaby?”

“We’re great, thanks. How are you?”

“We’re good. It’s just kind of bad news that Izzy broke her arm.”

Thoughts spun in my mind. My sister broke her arm, my mom misses me, I miss my family. “I’ll get on the next plane to America, ok? I want to see her. Where are you?” I blurted out.

"You don't have to, Jazz. She just wanted to talk to you."

"I know, I want to see her. And the rest of you guys, too."

She sighed. “Ok, well, we’re in Illinois Masonic Hospital.”

“Ok, I’ll be there later tonight or maybe tomorrow in the morning. We'll see when I can a plane. Bye, mom. I’m going to pack and tell everyone else, ok?”

“Ok. Bye, Jazz. I love you.”

“I love you too.” I hung up the phone and got dressed (picture at the right).

Then, I went to wake everyone up.

“You guys, I need to go back to America. My sister is in the hospital.” I announced.

“What? Why?” Gaby asked, panicked.

“She broke her arm. I want to go see how she’s doing. I just wanted to let you all know I’d be leaving, but don’t worry; I’m coming back in a few days.”

“I’ll come with you.” Niall said.

“You don’t have to, Niall.”

“I know. I want to. I don’t want you to go all the way to America by yourself. But if you don't want me to come, I'm not going to.”

"No, no, no. I'd love for you to come, and I want you to meet my parents. I just didn't know if you wanted to come."

"I would love to," he smiled.

I nodded. “Thanks, Niall.”

“I’ll come too." Gaby stated.

"If Gaby's going, I'll come." Harry announced. "Niall and I can stay in a hotel or something," he said, looking at Niall, who nodded in agreement.

"We might as well all go," Zayn said, looking at Liam.

"Yeah. Maybe we can do something while we’re in Chicago. Plus, you said your sisters are huge fans of ours, right?” Liam commented, smiling.

I nodded, grinning widely.

Everyone agreed and we started packing. While we were packing, there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" I yelled so everybody in the house would hear me. I sprinted downstairs and ran towards the door, opening it to reveal a very happy Louis Tomlinson. "Hey, Tommo." I greeted. He had been at his mom's this weekend.

"What's up?" he asked, coming into the house as he glanced all around the front room. Everybody was upstairs, packing their bags.

"We're going to America." I stated.

His jaw dropped. "I've been gone two days and you've already planned a vacation without me?" he joked.

"Just keep your bags packed, Lou. You're coming with us," I smiled.

I booked us seven tickets to the next flight to America. I can't wait to eat some deep-dish pizza. Chicago has the best.