Chapter 53- Awkward

The next day, we left the hotel and did all that Liam said, and more! We went shopping and to the park and watched the day pass by. At around 3:00, we went back to the hotel to grab our stuff and go home.

Liam went to the bathroom and I went to the car to get his credit card, since he left his wallet in the car, to pay for the hotel room.

I came back inside the room and heard Liam on the phone in the bathroom. I still had to give him his credit card so I set it on the little table in the hallway.

Liam was talking really loudly on the phone and he sounded angry.

“No! Danielle,” He started.

Danielle?

“Danielle, I love you. Your eyes sparkle. I love your smile and the way that you make me smile. Your laugh is adorable. I love the way you brighten up a room. You make me feel so special and lucky to have you.” He voiced.

That’s exactly what he said to me last night.

I felt tears come to the rims of my eyes. I tried blinking them away but instead, they fell out. I sat down on the bed, trying to think, burying my face in my hands.

Liam came out of the room and saw my heart-broken expression.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, rushing over to me.

I pulled away when he tried holding my hands. “You still love Danielle?” I said in between quiet sobs.

He sighed, and then pursed his lips. “You heard that, didn’t you?”

“Do you still love her?” I asked again, more firmly this time.

“No!” he said, eyes gazing at mine.

“Really? Because I think I’m just your rebound girl.” I cried, standing up. I left the room and raced downstairs.

“Jasmine!” I heard Liam call for me.

You see, I tend to run away from my problems, if you haven't already noticed. I just don't like facing them. To me, it's better to run away and try not to look back. It's probably not the best thing to do, but I do it anyway.

I got in a cab and gave the driver the address to take me to. I got dropped off at the flat and I ran inside after paying for the ride.

I sprinted into the house and upstairs. On my way into the bathroom, I bumped into Niall, but continued on. I slammed the bathroom door shut, and hovered over the sink, looking at my reflection.

My mascara was smeared so that I looked like a raccoon.

"Am I really that awful of a person?" I asked myself in the mirror. "Why does everyone I'm with always hurt me? Did I do something wrong?"

I continued talking to myself until there was a knock on the door. I went and opened it, not really wanting to talk to anybody except myself. I was surprised to see Niall standing in the doorway.

“What’s the matter? Niall asked, coming to me.

“Nothing,” I said, wiping away more tears.

“Obviously something’s wrong.” He gave me a comforting hug, holding my body tightly in his arms for the first time in two weeks.

I felt myself snake my arms around his waist before I even knew what I was doing. I couldn't bring myself to think that I had actually missed him. I did. I really missed Niall.

He pulled away, much to my dismay, and wiped away my tears with his thumb. "Come on, let's talk about it," he whispered.

I nodded.

He lead us to his bedroom and closed the door behind us.

We sat down on the bed and he held me in his arms. “Tell me what's wrong," he suggested. "Why do you think that you're such a awful person?"

I lifted my head up from its spot on Niall's toned chest. "You heard what I was saying in the bathroom?" I asked.

He pursed his lips and nodded. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I was just worried."

I sighed. "Well, there must be something wrong with me." I said quietly.

"There's nothing wrong with you. Why would you think that?" He grabbed me in his arms again, holding me comfortably against his warm body.

"Everybody that I've ever been with ends up hurting me."

He tensed up. "What did Liam do to you?" he asked through clenched teeth.

“He took me to a hotel last night because traffic was bad and we stayed there. I heard him talking to Danielle over the phone this morning." I sniffled. "He told her he loved her. He said that her eyes sparkle and he loves her smile. But that’s exactly what he told me last night.” I explained. "I thought he actually cared about me, but I think I'm just a rebound girl."

He said nothing for a moment, and I was worried that he was getting annoyed by my ranting. Finally, he spoke. “Jasmine, I know I’ve hurt you before, and I know you moved on, but I still love you.”

The truth is that I still loved him, too.

Right as I was about to say something, he pressed his lips against mine, without warning.

I pulled away and looked him in the eyes.

“I’m sorry.” He shamefully apologized, looking down.

I lifted his chin to make him look at me. “Don’t be. I do still love you, it's just that I'm so confused. But now, I think I've made a decision. Liam was my rebound.” I grabbed his shirt, pulling him closer. I kissed him and lingered there for a moment.

He tried to deepen the kiss and I pulled away.

“I’m sorry. I know; you’re not ready for that.” He started saying in an apologetic tone.

“No, I’m sorry. I really am not ready for that.” I said, looking away, ashamed.

Niall cupped my head in his hand. “Jasmine, I wouldn’t want to do anything out of your comfort zone.” He said. He swooped down and sweetly kissed me and stayed that way for a while… Until we got interrupted.

Liam came barging in the door with an angry and hurt expression on his face.

This is awkward.