Chapter 71- Double Date

I went into Niall's and my room, and I sat that he was sitting on the bed, watching Finding Nemo. I crawled in and sat down on the bed next to him.

“Hi, love. What’s up?” He asked, pulling me closer by my torso.

“Well, we have somewhere to be tonight.” I answered sheepishly.

“Where? I thought we were off tonight.” He looked at me, confused.

“You are. We’re going to the beach for a double date. You and me with Zayn and Libby. You know, only if you want to go. I'm doing it as a favor to Zayn.” I explained.

“Sure, it'd be fun. What time?”

“Zayn said 6-ish, so we have tons of time ot kill."

“In the mean time, I can cuddle with my princess and watch movies." He whispered, almost seductively.

I couldn't help but blush like a madman. "That could work." I said shyly.

He smiled down at me. "I think that'll work perfectly." He leaned in a slowly pecked my lips, making me blush even more. He chuckled at my redness. "You're cute." he pointed out.

I quickly kissed him, making him blush. "So are you," I grinned.

***

Around 5:00, I started getting ready. I got dressed in the bathroom, wearing a green and black swimsuit with an orange cover-up (external link). I came out of the restroom and saw Niall wearing swimming trunks, a white t-shirt, a green snapback, and a Jack Wills hoodie.

“Ready to go?” Niall asked.

“Yeah, we’re going to meet Zayn and Libby there, so don't worry about picking them up or anything.” I explained.

“Sounds good. Let’s go.” He intertwined our hands together, walking by my side.

We walked to the car that we rented while we’re here, and he opened the door for me.

“Milady?” He said in a posh accent.

I giggled “Why thank you, kind sir.” I matched his accent.

He got into the car himself and started driving towards the beach. He held my hand the entire ride, sneaking in quick kisses at red lights or stop signs.

“We’re here, madam.” He announced.

“Thank you, m'lord.” I said, laughing again.

He got out of the car and grabbed our towels from the trunk.

We took a seat by the water, letting the cool ocean waves hit our feet as sand sank in between our toes.

I sat there with Niall next to me, holding onto his hand. I watched the sky turn from blue to orange to pink to purple in the sunset.

Soon, we saw Zayn and Libby heading our way, hand-in-hand.

They took their seats by us, setting their towels down in the sand. Shortly after, Libby suggested going into the water, which they did. They stood awkwardly next to each other, barely saying a word.

“Well , they look ecstatic." Niall stated sarcastically.

I grunted and got up. I ran into the water and went in between the two of them. I put an arm around each of their shoulders, pulling them into my sides.

“Hey, guys! The point of this date is to get to know each other. So do that, yeah?” I pointed out the obvious, giggling. I looked over at Libby and saw her blushing bright red. “Ok, so I’m gonna check up on you two later, and when I come back, you better be talking up a storm!” I got out of the water and sat down next to Niall again, while he laughed at me.

"Shut up, leprechaun. I know what I'm doing." I joked.

"Sure you do, babe." he leaned in and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, making my face go hot.

"Just watch: they're going to get to know each other, and then they're gonna live happily ever after." I smiled cheekily.

The rest of the time, Zayn and Libby were talking nonstop.

I told you, Niall. I thought to myself.

The sky started getting darker, and it was getting chillier by the minute.

I brought my legs up to my chest and hugged my knees, trying to warm myself up.

Niall scooted closer to me and wrapped his muscular arm around my waist.

“Are you cold, princess?” He asked worriedly.

“A bit,” I said, trying to hide the fact that I was actually freezing. I obviously failed at my attempt, because once I opened my mouth, my teeth started chattering.

“Here, babe.” He took off his sweater and put it around my shoulders.

“No, Niall. You don’t have to…”

He put my arms through the sleeves.

I sighed in defeat. “Won’t you get cold?”

“I doesn't matter. If I do get cold, I've got you to warm me up.” He hugged my shoulders tightly in his grip. He carried me in his arms and lifted me up, so I was sitting in his lap.

I buried my face in his  warm chest as I snaked my arms around his neck.

My little leprechaun is the sweetest thing on the face of the earth.