Chapter 28- Meeting Maura

Today, I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I looked at my phone and saw that I had 'meet Niall's parents' on my calender. I sighed nervously, but got up and put on a cute outfit, making sure that it would impress Niall's family (picture at the right)

I went down to the kitchen to make breakfast. When I sat down to eat, Niall came downstairs and took a bite of my waffle and one of my grapes.

“You know, if you want breakfast, you can just ask, and I’ll make it for you.” I said, laughing.

“What would be the fun in that?” He said, chuckling. “Can you please make me some breakfast?” he said, smiling cheekily.

I got up to look in the fridge. “What do you want?”

“Can I have some eggs and waffles, please?”

“Sure. Do you want anything to drink?” I asked sweetly.

“I’ll get it.” He went to the fridge and got some orange juice.

“Can you pour me some, too?” I asked, making the eggs.

He got out another glass and started pouring the liquid into it.

I finished making his breakfast and we sat down at the table.

“Thank you, Jasmine.”

“You’re welcome,” I said, taking a sip of my orange juice.

When we finished, we got up and got all of our bags from our rooms.

A taxi was already waiting for up outside.

I was carrying my heavy bags to the car, while Niall was helping the driver load his into the car.

I guess Niall saw me having trouble with my bags, because he jogged over to me and grabbed all that he could hold, leaving me with just my carry-on.

Finally, we got into the cab and headed towards the airport. We were catching the next flight to Mullingar, Ireland. We finally arrived and took our bags, heading to board the jet.

We arrived in Ireland in about a half hour and right when we got off the plane, Niall got mobbed in a hug from his mom.

“Mum! I missed you so much.” Niall said, hugging her back.

“I missed you, too.” Niall's mom stated, tears brimming her eyes as she looked at her son up and down. Finally, she tore away from Niall and looked over at me as I stood awkwardly away from them, shifting my weight from one foot to the other. A sweet smile came across her face. “This must be Jasmine.”

Niall stepped beside me and grabbed my hand, and I smiled shyly at his mom. “Mum, this is my girlfriend. Jasmine, this is my mum, Maura.” Niall grinned from ear to ear.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you!” she exclaimed, embracing me in a famous Horan hug. “When I talk with Niall over the phone, he never shuts up about you.”

I looked over at Niall, who was blushing bright red.

“It’s really nice to meet you too.” I said in a shy, but nice voice.

Then, a man came and stood next to Maura.

Niall immediately jumped on him and gave him a gigantic hug.

“Greg!” Niall yelled excitedly. When he stopped hugging him, he introduced us. “Greg, this is my girlfriend, Jasmine. Jasmine, this is my older brother, Greg.”

“Hi, Greg, it’s nice to meet you.” I said, shaking his hand.

‘It’s nice to meet you too,” Greg said.

“Let’s go back to the house,” Maura started. "I made food." she wubjed at Niall.

I couldn't help but give a small giggle. We got in a car and started heading towards Niall’s mum’s house. When we got there, Niall let us inside.

“Let me show you around,” Maura voiced, showing me all around the house. “…And this is Niall’s room, this is where you two will be staying,” she said, leading me upstairs.

There, Niall had a full-sized bed with batman sheets, and a small smile gre on my face. 

“You can set your bags here, love. I'll take care of any laundry you have over the next few days.”

“Thank you. You’re too kind.”

“Well, you’re Niall’s girlfriend. And you’re so sweet; I have no reason not to like you.”

“Thank you,” I said, smiling because I was very content with myself.

“Now then, would you care for some tea and snacks?”

I nodded.

She led us back downstairs and to the kitchen. We had tea and cookies.

“Jasmine, do you want to go for a swim in our pool?” Niall asked when we were done. He put an arm around my shoulder and kissed my cheek sweetly.

“Um, I didn’t bring a swimsuit.” I said apologetically.

“That’s ok; we’ll go out and get one.”

I nodded.

Niall grabbed my hand and lead me to the kitchen, where his mom was preparing more food. "We'll be back. We want to go for a swim and she needs a swimsuit."

His mom nodded. "Ok, but supper will be ready whenever you're hungry."

He nodded, and then he drove us to a nearby store and looked around. I looked around, and ended up choosing the cheapest one, because Niall insisted on paying for it (external link), and we went up to the cash register to buy it. When we were done, we went back to his house and got ready to go in the pool.

He carried me around in the pool and we play-fought against each other.

After a while, Niall ran inside, still dripping wet.

"Niall," I called after him, grabbing a towel and drying myself off outside. I really didn't want to make a wet mess inside the house.

A few moments later, Niall came back outside, wearing only athletic shorts. "Come on, babe." he said, stepping closer to me as I continued to dry myself off.

"Wait, I don't want to make a mess in your mother's house." I stated.

He was now a few inches away from me, his height towering over me. "You're just too perfect." he commented as he grabbed my face in his hands.

"How so?"

"In every way humanly possible."

"Well you're a liar," I started, "because I'm far from perfect. I'm not even wearing makeup and I'm not a size zero."

He dropped one of his hands from my face and placed it on my waist, pulling me in closer. "You don't need makeup to be beautiful. And you're not too skinny, but you're not nearly fat. You've got these beautiful curves," he ran his hands up and down my side, "which is what made me realize your beauty the first time I saw you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he pressed his forehead to mine. "You're too sweet, Niall. Are you sure you're real?"

He chuckled. "Yes, I'm sure. Why?"

"You're one of a kind, and you really know how to act around a girl. Nobody has ever treated me this well."

He leaned in and pressed his soft, plump lips against mine gently. "That's their loss." he stated once he pulled away. "C'mon, let's go eat."

I smiled and agreed.

We sat down at the dinner table and Maura put huge portions of food on our plate.

"Just let me know if that's too much food, darling. We Horan's love food," she said, smiling.

I giggled. "Thank you, but I think I'll be fine. We Garcia's love to eat, too." I stated, smiling.

 I like his mom a lot. She’s so sweet and caring. I see where Niall gets it.