Chapter 79- Fat

I quickly ran to the bathroom door with everyone yelling at me. “Niall, what is it?” Harry shouted.

“What’s wrong?” Gaby asked, following me andwearing a worried expression on her face.

“It’s Jasmine.” I answered. I banged on the door. “Jasmine, don’t do it!” I yelled.

“Don’t do what?” Gaby asked, now looking more scared than anything.

“Read the paper, you’ll get it.” I explained.

She ran to the table to read the paper.

“Jasmine, I know people are saying things, but don’t listen to it.” I hollered. I tried opening the door but it was locked. I heard sobs coming from the other side. "Jasmine, let me in," I begged.

No answer.

I rammed into the door to try and knock it down. I needed to do anything to stop her.

Gaby must’ve explained it to the others, because they all came running towards me.

Gaby was clutching the paper tightly in her fist.

“Hold on, I’ve got it.” Gaby sassured. She took a bobby pin out of her hair and stuck it in the little key hole.

The door opened, and there was Jasmine, cleaning out her mouth after, I assumed,  throwing up.

“Jasmine, stop it!” I called. I lifted her up and carried her bridal style into one of the sleeping rooms. I set her down on the bed so we could talk.

She had tears running down her face.

I shut the door behind us so we could have privacy and talk.

Zayn’s P.O.V.

“You guys, what are they saying?” I whisper-shouted.

“I don’t know,” Gaby answered.

“Hold on,” Harry whispered. He ran to the kitchen and got a glass. He pressed it to the door and repeated everything that was said.

Niall’s P.O.V.

“Jasmine, you need to stop this. Please,” I said, tears falling out of my eyes, as well as Jasmine’s.

“I can’t. I need to be skinny. I can’t be fat anymore. I just can’t.” She mumbled.

I lifted up her chin and looked into her hazel eyes. “Listen to me closely. You are not fat. You’re beautiful. Whoever says different belongs in a crazy house, do you understand? You can’t let this continue. If you do, you’re hurting yourself and me. I really care about you and if anything ever happens to you because some so-called fans are sending you hate, I will die. I’ll go through anything to help you and keep you safe, ok?”

“Niall, I…” She got choked up by tears.

“I know, I know. Come here, babe.” I pulled her into my chest, her head dug into the crook of my neck.

“Niall, I’m sorry. I know it’s not good for me but if it means being skinny for you, then-”

I cut her off. “No! You have to stop it,” I yelled.

She started shaking once I raised my voice and pulled away, looking at her feet.

“Jasmine, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I yelled. I’m sorry I scared you.” I whispered, rubbing her back soothingly.

More sobs just escaped her lips.

I felt awful that I raised my voice at her.

Then there was a knock on the door.

Jasmine was about to get up off the bed to answer it, but I stopped her.

“I got it,” I voiced, barely audible.

She heard it, though, and sat back down, wiping away another tear.

I opened the door and saw Zayn standing in the doorway.

“Can I talk to Jasmine, please?” he whispered.

I had a concerned look on my face. “She’s not listening to me.” I said disappointedly.

“I know. I have an idea. Can I just talk to her, please? It will make her stop.” He said.

I nodded my head and he came into the room, sitting down next to Jasmine on the bed. I closed the door behind me to give them privacy to talk. I sat down at the dining table and put my head in my hands. She needs to stop.