Chapter 52- Stopped By Traffic

It took about three days for me to walk on my own again. Luckily, I was leaving today and Liam was driving us home. I got out of the hospital bed and put on a simple outfit (external link). It was about 10:00 pm when we left the hospital so it was pretty dark out.

It takes about 20 minutes to get from the hospital to the flat. I was really tired. It was just Liam and I in the car because we didn’t want fans to mob the guys as we left.

Traffic was pretty heavy and everyone was moving super slow.

I looked outside the windshield to see strobe lights from police cars shining in the dark.

"Looks like there was a bad accident up ahead," I stated.

"That means traffic's gonna be really slow and we'll be moving at about two miles an hour, but we'll be stopping every five seconds." Liam sighed.

In the next half an hour, we moved about eight feet.

“Jasmine, the traffic’s terrible. Do you just want to stay in a hotel tonight?” Liam asked.

“Uh, sure,” I said.

We headed for the nearest exit and pulled into a small hotel.We entered and realized there was only one bed.

“I’ll sleep on the pull-out couch.” He offered.

“You don’t have to. You can sleep with me in the bed.”

"No, no, no. It's fine. I'll be ok on the-"

"Liam," I smiled, "you're sleeping on the bed. It'll be fine. I don't mind."

He nodded, sighing.

We didn’t bring any pajamas because we were planning on going straight home, so when Liam came out of the bathroom, he was wearing only his boxers.

I was sitting on the bed, still fully dressed in my clothes.

“What’s wrong?” Liam asked, 

“I didn’t bring any pajamas.” I voiced, rubbing sleep away from my eyes.

“Well, you can wear my shirt to sleep if you want.” He suggested, handing me his shirt.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, it’s fine.” He assured.

"Thanks, Li." I leaned in and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. I went into the bathroom and changed into his Superman shirt (picture at the right).

It was huge on me; it came down to right above my knees. I went out of the bathroom and saw Liam lying in the bed. I lay down next to him and turned my body towards his.

He pulled me closer to him by my waist. He kissed my forehead, which now had bandages on it, and looked me in the eyes. “Jasmine, I love you. Your eyes sparkle like the stars in the sky. I love your smile and the way that you make me smile. Your laugh is adorable and contagious. I love the way you brighten up a room. You make me feel so special and lucky to have you. I hurt when you hurt. I can’t be thankful enough for the short time we have been together.” he recited.

I couldn't help but laugh and smile. "Were you thinking that up while I was in the bathroom?" I teased.

"Maybe." He slightly grinned.

I kissed him lightly on the lips. When I pulled away, he wore a huge smile on his face.

 He kissed my nose and I lay my head down on his chest. He played with my hair and kissed my head occasionally. “Jasmine, tomorrow, it’s going to be our day, ok?” he said.

“Ok.”

“We’ll go to Starbucks and grab breakfast. We’ll go to the park and sit by the pond. We’ll just let the day pass.”

I yawned. “Ok, Liam.” I pecked his cheek.

Tomorrow sounds like an amazing day.

Soon, I fell asleep, Liam still playing with my hair.

I wish all things could be this simple.