Chapter 97- Not 007

• Dedicated to Libby

Finally, I'm out of the hospital... well, sort of. I was able to leave today and I was getting readay, and I couldn’t be happier, but I still had responsibilities like changing the bandages on my ribs and putting antibiotics on my wound and taking my medicine. I didn’t care, as long as I could get the hell out of here!

Niall had dropped off a bag of clothes and stuck around to take me back to the hotel.

I quickly chose an outfit out of my bag and put it on. (external link for outfit)

“Ready to go?” Niall asked, standing up as I came out of the hospital room. He was sitting on a bench right outside the door.

“I’ve been ready for the past four days,” I answered, grabbing his hand.

He lightly chuckled and kissed my knuckles. “Let’s get out of here, then.” He whispered. He led me to the car he had rented for our time being in California. 

Being the gentleman he is, Niall opened the door for me while I got into the passenger's seat. Once he closed my door, he walked around to the driver's side. He started the engine and started heading towards the hotel.

We drove for about ten minutes until we got to the hotel, but to my surprise, we didn’t stop.

“Um, Niall, I think we passed the hotel.” I pointed out.

“Oh, did we?” He asked, not even looking back.

I gave him a confused look. “Yeah..." I trailed off.

He just kept driving. “I hadn’t noticed,” was his response.

***

“Where are we going?” I asked after a few minutes of driving. I noticed we were driving on an abandoned road with no other cars or buildings; just trees, trees, and more trees.

To be honest, it was a little creepy, seeing as it was getting dark out. It was like a scene from 'Thriller' by Micheal Jackson. (YouTube video at the right)

Niall gave me no reply.

I sighed deeply and sat back in my seat, taking in my surroundings. What’s up with Niall?

***

All of a sudden, the car started to slow down.

I turned my head to look at Niall.

He looked at me with glistening eyes that made my heart pound.

My heart was beating so hard, I was worried he’d hear it, and that it'd burst out of my chest at any given moment. “What are we doing here?” I asked, my voice shaking with nervousness. Why was I nervous, you ask? I have no idea; just being with Niall made me nervous.

He unbuckled his seat belt and leaned in closer to me, kissing me on my cheek. “We’re here because I don't get to spend any time with my beautiful girlfriend anymore.” He whispered in my ear, sending a tingling sensation down my spine.

I unbuckled my seat belt as well, lightly brushing my lips against his neck when I leaned in. Iwas about to pull away when he grabbed my hands and wrapped them around his neck.

He leaned his forehead on mine and whispered, “Look outside.”

I peered outside the windshield window and saw bright city lights shining. We were at a small cliff, like a city view.

(A/N: If you know what I’m talking about when I say ‘city view’. Sorry I didn’t know what it was called, but I found a somewhat decent picture of a city view to give you an idea, and it’s at the right. If you can, imagine it at night with all the building lights on. That’s how it is in the story... Carry on.)