Chapter 67- California Performance

• Dedicated to Valeria and Libby

They were doing sound check on stage, practicing some songs.

Niall was practicing his solo in One Thing.

“How was that?” He asked me with a smile on his face.

“That was amazing,” I answered, clapping for emphasis.

“Amazing, huh?” he asked, not really believing me.

I nodded, grinning widely. "It was really good."

“Thanks.” He said, smiling bigger.

I smiled back and he winked at me. I felt my cheeks go hot.

He's just amazing and I can't help but blush whenever he acknowledges me in little ways like that.

*During the show*

“Now I’m climbing the walls, but you don’t notice at all. That I’m going out of my mind, all day and all night.” Niall sang. He looked right at me and winked. He leaned down and grabbed my hand, singing while he stared directly into my eyes.

When the song ended, Niall stopped singing and kissed my hand.

The music for Save You Tonight started, and Niall walked back and joined the other boys. He kept his eyes on me the entire time, though.

“I, I want to save you.” They started.

***

After the concert was over, we went backstage. There were some girls with passes waiting to meet the boys.

We got to go straight into their dressing rooms, because we knew them personally.

Right as I walked in, Niall engulfed me in a gigantic hug.

“How was that?” He asked happily.

“You guys were fantastic! It was really great.” I answered, hugging him back.

“Well, we have to meet some fans. Wanna come?” he asked.

I nodded.

We went outside the dressing rooms, and there were a lot of people waiting around.

The boys stayed until they met each one of the fans with backstage passes.

The last two girls looked really familiar, and I swear I've seen them before. They were wearing One Direction shirts.

The taller girl with darker skin and darker hair was wearing a shirt that said “I love Zayn” and the other girl with lighter skin and lighter hair wore a shirt that said “I love One Direction”.

“Hey, girls.” Zayn greeted.

Their smiles were huge and they looked very excited. Still, I couldn't remember where I've seen them.

“Hi,” the dark-haired one said.

“What’re your names?” Liam asked, ready to sign a CD of theirs.

“I’m Libby and this is…”

“Valeria?” I asked in shock, as it finally clicked.

“Jasmine!” She squealed, her eyes going wide.

I ran up to her and gave her a huge hug.

“You two know each other?” Niall asked, confused.

“Yeah, this is my friend, Valeria. We used to go to school together.” I answered. “What are you doing here?” I asked her. "I thought you moved to Iowa!"

“Libby brought me on vacation here! She invited me to the concert. Obviously, I wasn’t going to miss it!” she answered, giggling.

“Libby!” I squealed.

“Jasmine!” she replied, hugging me.

“Libby and I went to the same dance school, and Valeria lived across the street from me in Chicago until she moved a couple of years ago.” I explained to the boys.

“Nice to meet you,” they all greeted.

“You, too!” They said.

"Wow, Valeria! You've changed so much. You're so pretty!" I gushed. "You too, Libby. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. You both are gorgeous!"

"Us? What about you?" Libby asked, grinning.

"Me? No, no, no. You guys look great."

"Shut up," they joked.

I giggled. "Anyways, as you guys know, this is Louis, Liam, Niall, Harry, and Zayn." I introduced. "Guys, this is Libby," I pointed to my taller friend. She had dark hair, brrown eyes, and tanned skin. "And this is Valeria," I pointed to my other friend, who was a bit shorter, with dark brown hair, green/blue/gray eyes, and light skin.

They all shook hands, exchanging greetings.

I looked over at Zayn, who was gazing at Libby.

“Ok, girls. Just text me and we’ll get together soon.” I smiled.

I have a feeling I’m going to be playing “Love Doctor” soon.

A/N: I dedicated this chapter to two of my friends Valeria and Libby! I know you're reading this, so I love you guys! Comment, vote, and fan! Lots of love! xoxo

Look at the picture at the right to see what Valeria AKA Jodelle Ferland looks like.