Chapter 47- Giving Him a Chance

It’s been about a week since I’ve broken up with Niall. I miss him a lot, even though I see him every day.

There's a lot of tension in the house, due to the break up.

I cry myself to sleep every night, because I miss him a lot. Sometimes I cry so much, that someone has to come into my room and hold me until I fall asleep. I've had trouble eating lately, resulting in a lot of weight loss. I stay in bed some days, and it's not surprising when I don't talk to anyone for a day at a time. I haven't really smiled lately.

He doesn’t even look at me, nonetheless talk to me. He acts as if everything is perfectly fine, but he seems angry at the world. He and Liam haven't talked either, unless they're in an interview or such. He always has bags under his eyes, as if he hasn't slept the night before. He rarely smiles, and when he does, it looks pained and forced. He drank every night this week and he didn't come home a few nights ago. He said he was meeting someone at a club.

I only assumed that he was meeting up with another girl, which would make that about his third at the end of the week.

I unwillingly got out of bed, took a shower, and put on yoga pants and a sweatshirt (external link), not caring what I look like anymore. I went into the kitchen to grab some breakfast. When I got there, I saw only Niall in there, eating cereal in complete silence.

Nobody else was around, but I don't know why.

I wanted to ask where they had gone as I quietly poured myself some juice. I contemplated talking to Niall. Finally, I worked up the courage to talk to him.

“Where’s everyone else?” I asked, not meeting his eyes as I grabbed a fork from the drawer.

“Still sleeping,” he answered, with no emotion.

“Oh.” I mumbled. I sat down at the table across from Niall.

He was staring at me intensely as I drank my milk. It was kind of weird and awkward.

I didn’t know what to say about it. “Do you need something?” I finally asked, putting my cup down, annoyed.

He shook his head and went back to eating his cereal.

"That's so weird. What does he want?" I thought to myself.

“Jasmine,” Niall asked.

“What?" I hissed.

“I just want to tell you that I-” he got interrupted.

“Good morning, you guys!” Liam exclaimed, coming into the kitchen.

Niall got up and left the room, mumbling profanities under his breath.

“Jasmine, can I talk to you?” Liam asked me.

“Sure.”

He led me up to his room and closed the door behind him.

“What is it, Liam?” I asked worriedly.

“Jasmine, that night of the party…”

“Yeah?” I asked, signaling for him to continue.

“Well when you fell asleep, I said something to you. I don’t know if you heard but…” he trailed off again, hope in his voice.

“I didn’t hear.”

“Well, it was really important." he sat on his bed, running a hand through his hair.

"What did you say?" I asked, sitting down next to him and putting a reassuring hand on his thigh.

He grabbed my hand in his. "I-I said..." he stuttered nervously. "I said I love you."

I was taken aback, surprised. I stood up and pulled away from him a bit. “You what?”

“I love you.”

“You do?”

“Yes, and I understand it if you don’t love me back but I love you.” It sounds just like it did when Niall said something similar.

“Um, I don’t know what to say.” I really didn’t.

“Don’t say anything then.”

“What?” I asked, befuddled.

Then, Liam’s lips were on mine. Unlike last time he kissed me, this one wasn't forced. It was sweet and gentle. He pulled away shortly, as did I.

“Jasmine, I love you.” he whispered, his hot breath tingling against my skin.

“I understand that, but I’m still getting over Niall. And you mean everything to me, Li."

“Does that mean that you’re giving me a chance?” I saw hope in his eyes.

“It means that there could be a chance. I have to get over Niall first.” I said smiling.

Liam hugged me tightly, and I hugged him back.

Was this the way things were meant to be?

A/N: When it said “Giving him a chance” you probably thought I was talking about Niall. Nope!

Please comment and vote! I love you guys! Thanks for reading!

xx   :D