leaving a gift behind

Two weeks later on a Friday, it was Payton's first ultrasound and doctors appointment for the baby. She was excited to see the baby for the first time, but was also nervous since she was only seventeen years old, and was sad since Dustin wasn't here to experience this with her. She had a rollercoaster of emotions, but she was glad that Sasha and Dean were going with her. Unfortunately, Ryan couldn't go with her since he had to do an emergency out of town business meeting, but he reassured her that he'd go to the next ultrasound, which would be in two weeks.

Although she was feeling a lot of things about the first ultrasound, she also knew she couldn't hide the pregnancy from her siblings much longer. Jackson was growing a bit suspicious since Payton had to leave school early for the ultrasound and she didn't tell Jackson why. It was strange for him to not know since the two told each other everything, and it hurt Payton a bit not to tell him. But, once they got home she'd be telling Jackson and all of her other siblings would be over later that day for dinner and to spend the weekend together, especially since Emma and Christian were back in town after being in New York for two weeks once Emma dropped her next album.

"Hey sweetheart, you ready?" Sasha smiled to Payton once she walked into the main office where Sasha and Dean were waiting for their youngest daughter.

"Yeah, lets go." She smiled before they got into the car.

"Are you excited to see the baby for the first time?" Sasha smiled to Payton, looking back to her daughter.

"For the most part, yeah. I'm a little nervous since I am young and this is my first child, and a little sad since Dustin isn't here but I know he's watching over the baby and I." She gave a small smile.

"That's right, he is. And he left you an amazing gift in the baby." Sasha smiled, holding her daughter's hand. Payton smiled back before looking out the window, just trying to relax as they drove to the doctors office. About twenty minutes later, they arrived at the doctors office before getting Payton checked in. Luckily, they didn't have a long wait before Payton was called back into the room.

"Are you comfortable? You don't feel bad or anything?" Sasha checked on her daughter after she got prepared for the ultrasound, which they were just waiting for the doctor.

"Yeah, about as comfortable as it's gonna get but I don't feel bad or anything." She said, taking a deep breath before her doctor walked into the room. Payton found herself getting emotional once the ultrasound began.

"Wow, that's my baby." Payton grinned as she looked at the baby on the screen.

"Yep, that's your baby sweetheart." Dean smiled as he and Sasha enjoyed being by Payton's side during her ultrasound, also giving them some flashbacks when they went to their ultrasounds from when Sasha was pregnant with Colton, Emma, Aria, Jackson and Payton. They also determined that Payton was exactly fourteen weeks along with her and Dustin's baby, which she was a little shocked she was already fairly far along but was relieved she was considered in the safe zone. They also said her due date would be July 18th, just a little over a month after her and Jackson's eighteenth birthday. She was glad to have the ultrasound photos too, since she decided that's how she wanted to tell her siblings that afternoon.

"So, how do you feel sweetheart? You just saw your baby for the first time." Dean smiled as they walked out of the doctors office, headed to the car.

"I feel good. I can't believe I'm already fourteen weeks and how big the baby is already. Well, not big but how fast the baby's growing." She smiled once they began the drive home.

"Yeah, they grow quick. Trust me I know."
Sasha said, making the two laugh. Once Jackson got home from school, Payton went ahead and walked into his room, seeing him texting Genna more than likely since she'd be over soon with baby Isabella.

"Jackson? Can I talk to you real quick?" Payton asked a bit nervously once Jackson looked up to see his twin sister walking into his room.

"Of course sis, what's up?" Jackson casually asked. Payton then pulled out the ultrasound photos from earlier that day, showing her twin brother.

"You're pregnant?" He asked, looking up to Payton as she nodded her head. He then stood up, hugging Payton tightly.

"How are you holding up?" He asked after they pulled away from their hug.

"I'm fine, a little overwhelmed but I gotta be okay for this baby now." She admitted, nodding her head.

"Well, I want you to know you're not in this alone. I know I'm not a girl so I didn't go through pregnancy but I'm here if you need help. Colton will tell you the same thing, and you have Luciana and Genna to go to if you want to talk to someone sister-wise about this. I'll be right by your side through the whole thing, just like how it's been since we've been born." He smiled, making her laugh a bit.

"I know bub, thanks though. It means a lot." She smiled, hugging her brother again before heading downstairs to eat something before the rest of her siblings got there, feeling relieved that so far her family's been supportive, which she didn't have any doubts about the rest of her siblings. Even though it was extremely unexpected, Payton was grateful she has this baby now, since the baby is like a piece of Dustin left for her since he won't be coming back, but she had a purpose to keep working for.