the champions

Four Months Later

"Tonight's your night baby!" Alec cheered to his girlfriend as they arrived at the Barclays Center. Quite a bit has happened in the last four months within the Good family. After finding out their baby was a boy, Aria and Alexander welcomed their now two month old son, whom they decided to name Ashton Alexander Wilson. The two were ecstatic for their newborn son to be here and to now take on the challenge of parenthood. After baby Conner was a month old, Jackson went back to working in NXT, as he and Genna had began planning their wedding, although they weren't in a rush to get married. Emma and Christian were still raising little Sophia, while Emma continued to make music. Colton and Luciana were working and still taking care of little Allison and Luis.

Tonight, everyone was in Brooklyn, New York, minus Aria and Alexander since they couldn't travel with little Ashton just yet, but it was the night that Payton and Jackson would be becoming the NXT and NXT Women's Champions. At the last NXT Takeover, two months ago, Alec had won the North American Championship and would be defending that title against one of his good friends, Trevor Andrews. Payton would be facing Bayley and Seth's daughter, Amaya Rollins, in a Last Woman Standing match for the NXT Women's Championship. Jackson would be facing Nick Roberts in a normal one on one match in the main event for the NXT Championship. Everyone was so excited for the three's match and couldn't wait for them to steal the show.

"Thank you baby. It's your night too!" She grinned, kissing his cheek as they walked through the halls of the Barclays Center, with little Dustin.

"True, but your match will steal the show, babydoll. I have no doubts about it!" He cheered as Payton laughed a bit.

"Thank you again, handsome. I gotta go start getting ready. I'll see you both later." Payton smiled before kissing her boyfriend, then getting down to little Dustin's level to give her son a hug and a kiss before getting ready.

"How are you feeling about tonight? Soon to be NXT Champ." Genna giggled as they were in Jackson's locker room an hour later.

"I'm very excited, but in all honesty I'm more excited for Payton's match. I'm actually a bit upset that she's not main eventing since she and Amaya's match has been the marquee match for tonight, but I am excited to become the champ." He smiled.

"She's not? Because I just looked on Twitter and it's showing that Payton and Amaya are the main event. Maybe they just changed it?" Genna questioned before showing her phone to Jackson, seeing the tweet and reading the headline, "P.C. Ambrose vs Amaya Rollins will now main event NXT Takeover: Brooklyn."

"Oh, my gosh. She's main eventing! This will be her first main event!" Jackson grinned, feeling utter pride for his twin. Right as Jackson said that, they heard loud knocks on the door, assuming it was Payton. Sure enough, it was.

"Oh my god I'm flipping out! I'm the main event! Hunter just told Amaya and I!" Payton cheered but also had an extremely nervous look on her face.

"Sis that's great! I'm so proud of you!" Jackson grinned, hugging his sister as Genna did the same.

"Thank you, but I'm so, so nervous. This is my first Takeover main event. I have to make it the best match ever. I can't disappoint or I may never get this chance again." She said, taking some deep breaths.

"Payton, relax. Enjoy the night and the moment. You're going to do amazing, and steal the show. Trust me." He reassured his twin as Payton nodded her head before going to finish getting ready for the show.

As the show began, everyone was enjoying the incredible matches. Alec had a great match against Trevor Andrews, as well as retaining his title. Then, Jackson had a kick ass match against Nick Roberts, as everyone was on their feet when Jack Ambrose won the NXT Championship. But now, it was time for the main event. And the main event was definitely a deserving spot for Payton and Amaya.

Everyone was on their feet for the main event of P.C. Ambrose vs Amaya Rollins in a Last Woman Standing match. Everyone knew that they'd create magic, just like their mothers had at the very first NXT Takeover: Brooklyn show. Their match definitely delivered as being the main event. They delivered with high-risk spots, and just classic wrestling. It truly was magic. The finish of the match was great. P.C. Ambrose payed homage to both of her parents by hitting the Dirty Deeds finisher on Amaya Rollins on top of the announcers table. She then went up to the top turnbuckle, hitting the double knees on Amaya as they both crashed through the announcers table. It was P.C. Ambrose who got up by the count of ten before being declared the new champ.

"Here is your winner, and the new, NXT Women's Champion, P.C. Ambrose!" The ring announcer cheered through the microphone as the whole place tore the roof off the arena and burned it down with their loud cheers and excitement for the match and for the new champ. As Payton was handed the title and stood up, she immediately got emotional now that one of her dreams and goals had come true. Once Amaya got up, the two hugged for a bit since they were very good friends outside of wrestling before they headed to the back to be greeted by their families.

"I'm so proud of you, babygirl." Sasha smiled as Payton immediately hugged her mother, the two getting emotional as Bayley walked over to hug Amaya, then Amaya and Payton hugging their aunts.

"I think you guys just outdid our historic Brooklyn match. What do you think, Bay?" Sasha said with a laugh, turning to look at her best friend.

"They way outdid us. You two were amazing. You have so much to be proud of. Speaking of proud," Bayley said as they saw Seth, Dean, and their combined families walking over to the girls. Seth and Dean both hugging their daughters.

"You two were phenomenal. That was so amazing to watch." Seth smiled to the two girls as they thanked him. They all went on to congratulate the two as Payton was pulled out of her thoughts by hearing a little voice.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Two and a half year old Dustin kept giggling as he and Alec made their way over to the new champ.

"Hey bubba." She grinned, crouching down to hug her son as he jumped into her arms. That got Payton a bit more emotional.

"Mommy you were so cool! I love you mommy!" He giggled as she smiled to him, kissing her son's cheek.

"Thank you baby, I love you too." She softly smiled before Alec hugged his girlfriend. Payton and Jackson both enjoyed the evening, going out to dinner with their family and basking in the glory of being champs. It's what they've dreamed of doing together, after all.