injuries

"Good luck out there baby. I'll be watching from the crowd." Dustin smiled before kissing Payton softly. Everyone was in Austin, Texas because Payton had a boxing match scheduled that afternoon. The rest of the family were sitting in their seats, but Payton and Dustin wanted a small private moment between the two of them before the fight started.

"Thank you baby. I love you." Payton beamed up to Dustin, smiling into his chocolate brown eyes.

"I love you too babygirl. Go kick ass." He grinned before kissing her again. Payton smiled to herself while Dustin went to go out and sit with everyone as Payton mentally prepared herself for her fight, just moments away. Not even two minutes into the fight, everyone got worried when Payton's competitor had practically yanked Payton's leg and kept applying pressure and they saw a look on Payton's face that told them something wasn't right.

"Fuck!" Payton yelled in pain, grabbing onto her right leg.

"Oh god. She's hurt. She's hurt badly." Jackson said as they all saw Payton not being able to stand up on her right leg. The fight was then stopped as a few trainers helped Payton to the back, everyone following in pursuit.

"Payton are you okay sweetheart?" Sasha asked as her mother instincts were coming out.

"No. Just don't touch me right now, please. I love you guys and I'm glad you're worried and you care but I don't wanna be touched right now." She made clear as she was clearly angry and upset. The on spot doctor soon came into the room, examining Payton's leg and feeling it out before determining she had tore all of her calf muscles and her meniscus, so she'd need immediate surgery within two days.

"Baby, you okay?" Dustin asked on the ride home as he saw Payton totally out of it.

"Not really." She sighed, looking to her boyfriend.

"Talk to me, I'm right here." He whispered, holding onto her hand.

"This injury just sucks. I'm not only gonna be out of boxing, I'm also gonna be out for the wrestling season. I already hate this and I haven't even gotten my surgery yet." She whispered, holding back her tears.

"It's all gonna work out beautiful. Trust me, I know how much injuries suck but you'll be better than ever when you return. I promise." He sympathetically smiled before kissing her cheek. She just hoped what he said was true.