be cheerful

"I'm so freaking happy to be home!" Payton cheered to Alec as he held little Dustin while they made their way through the airport. It was now the week heading into Christmas, as Payton, Jackson, and Alec had ten days off to go home and see their families. It was safe to say that they were glad to be home, but Payton was a bit nervous for everyone to meet Alec.

"I can tell. You have the biggest smile on your face baby." Alec chuckled as they got a sleeping Dustin into his car seat, beginning the drive to her parents' home.

"So, how do you feel about meeting my family?" She asked as they got a bit closer to their destination.

"I'm excited. From what you've said you guys are amazing people, but I'm prepared for them being protective over you. It's more than understandable." He said, softly holding onto her hand. It made her feel a bit better that he was excited to meet them, but she hoped they liked him. Once Payton and Alec arrived to her parents' home, she took a few deep breaths since her anxiety raised a bit before helping Alec get little Dustin, who was still asleep, out of his car seat. They then got their luggage before walking up the driveway, then heading into the house. Payton excitedly greeted her sisters and brothers, as well as her nieces and nephew before introducing Alec and her family to each other. They seemed very respectful and chill around each other, which calmed down Payton's nerves.

"So, we can tell you do have an accent," Colton started as everyone laughed.

"What part of the UK are you from or where are you from?" He asked once they all sat down.

"Just a small town right outside of London. Maybe like three hundred people there max, but it was just me, my mom, and my sister so it was enough for us. And enough places for me to wrestle at once I started about four years ago." Alec smiled, then telling them more about him as they all seemed to really like him which made Payton so happy. He seemed to bond with everyone, which was the best thing for Payton to see since she wasn't sure how they'd react to her being in a new relationship. But, they all loved Alec and he loved them, which made everything else easier and better.