retired

Two Weeks Later

       The last two weeks have been rough, especially for Payton. Two days after finding out about her leg injury, she had her surgery and then found out she couldn't wrestle anymore. That hurt her the most since she's only known wrestling for a career. She was finishing up filming for her WWE 24 episode, and they would be covering her injury as well. Now, for RAW, since they were in San Antonio, Payton would be delivering her retirement speech. She was glad all of her family would be there, but knew it'd be an emotional night.

"Tonight, is probably going to be one of the hardest nights I face," Payton started as she crutched her way through the arena, filming for her 24 episode.

"Because tonight, I have to give my retirement speech. I definitely didn't expect for my career to come to a sudden end, but I guess everything happens for a reason. And I'll see you guys when you see me deliver my retirement speech." She sighed, heading off with Alec and Dustin. During the day, Payton tried to get herself emotionally ready for her retirement speech, but she knew she had to pull through with it.

"You got this angel. I'll be right with you." Alec said, hugging his fiancée as she was about to give her retirement speech at the beginning of RAW.

"Thank you," she whispered, holding onto her fiancé.

"There's my cue." Payton sighed, blinking back tears before walking out to the crowd, for what she felt like would be the final time. She carefully got into the ring, grabbing a mic and embracing the fans' chants and applauds.

"Thank you guys for the applause and cheers and chants, but as you can see from my crutches and wrapped and braced up leg, tonight is not the greatest." She began as the crowd began quieting down for her.

"So, as you all know, at Hell In A Cell, I tried a high risk move, and it bit me in the ass. Not only did it cost me an injury, it cost me my career." She admitted to the fans as they began "awwing."

"I never thought that I would be retiring from wrestling at only twenty two years old. But, I guess everything happens for a reason. I'm trying to look at the brighter side of this injury, because now I can be home with my son all the time and get more time with him," she smiled as the crowd loudly applauded her for that.

"I can actually look back on my career and say I got to do some really cool stuff. I've had many great moments in my career, but it's a bittersweet moment to say goodbye." She added before the crowd began chanting, "Thank You Payton."

"No, thank you guys. Without my fans, I wouldn't be where I've gone or where I am today. I want to thank wrestling in general. It gave me a purpose and a happiness in my life. I met my fiancé through wrestling, and it brought my brother and I closer. Thank you guys, and this isn't a goodbye, it's a see you later." She smiled as the whole locker room poured out onto the stage, which made Payton cry a bit harder than from when she began crying. She then carefully got out of the ring and crutched her way up to where Jackson and Alec were standing, before they carefully hugged her and the crowd chanted loudly for that.

"I love you, I'll be right by your side through this ok?" Alec whispered into her ear as she nodded her head. Payton turned around one last time to the crowd, gave them a smile and waved off before heading to the back.