Chapter 1 🌹

~ AUTHOR POV~

The night was quiet at the hospital, no major accidents just a few injuries here and there but nothing life threatening. A ringing a telephone erupted through the ER of the hospital until one of the nurses picked up the phone at the station.

She quickly took down notes that were told on the other end of the line and then wasting no time hanging up to get everyone ready for the in coming patient, a child patient in desperate need of medical care. Calling to everyone that needs done to prepare and calling the needed doctors to be ready for when the patient arrives.

One doctor in particular had an odd feeling in the pit of his stomach about tonight but couldn't put his finger on it. He prepared himself for the new patient as it was needed.

"Dr Kim?! Are you ready?" Nurse

He only nodded at the nurse once and waited by the emergency doors to open any minute. Soon enough he picked up a scent from beyond the doors, blood but there was something else there too but whatever it was smelled amazing to the point he wanted to claim that smell as only his. Seconds later beyond the ER doors a patient was pushed through on a gurney with blankets wrapped around her. Dr Kim was shocked to see she was a child in her condition by just seeing her by the doors. He rushed over just like any doctor there listening to the shouting paramedic about the current condition of the child.

Nurses, other doctors all surrounding her, rushing her to a empty space in desperation to check her injuries she was visibly showing. This was a child that really needed help in saving her life, everyone was one edge and shocked to see the state she was in but all needed to remain calm to get the job done.

Dr Kim however took it the hardest, yes this was a child, clearly beaten to an inch of her life but he could hear her heart beating better than that machine ever could. But he almost froze when he looked upon her face for the first time, beyond those cuts and bruises she was a beautiful little girl that surely would grow into a gorgeous young woman but if her heart gives out she would not live to see just what she would become in life and that thought boiled Dr Kim's blood to a point his eyes turned red.

A nurse noticed his eyes but paid no mind to the matter since the child is their main concern.

Dr Kim, is a vampire but not just any vampire, royalty. He's king to his kind as well as his six brothers and vampires in this day in age are very well known, especially the seven kings. Even though Dr Kim is a royal vampire he likes to work in the hospital now and again to help others and to pass sometime and this night was the right night to come in.

The girls blood was so strong but her heart beat was weak and watching everyone around her, he didn't like even though it was to help to save her life. All he wanted to do was tell everyone to leave and not touch her but know it was to save her, so decided to keep to his job and continue to pump fluids into her veins and to start treating her wounds.

Her heart stopped, the heart rate machine going off, everyone was in panic, they need to save the child. Chest compressions were started by a doctor while another readied the heart stimulator. Dr Kim's heart was literally breaking with her heart no longer beating and he needed to do something fast, he's never wanted to save someone so much through out his 247 years of living. He decided to act fast but that meant he was about to break the law, the law that he and his brothers had made but he didn't care, he needed to do it, now or never.

"STOP!" DR Kim

Everyone kept to their jobs and ignored him but confused to why he would ask such a thing. This only grew Dr Kim's anger even more, so he rolled his eyes and pushed the doctor away that was acting out the chest compressions.