Chapter 59 🌹

~KAI POV~

Irene has been here for a few days now and I would be lying if I didn't say that I wasn't avoiding her. The truth is I am. I'm ashamed for the way I treated her and it's bad enough what I did to Y/n but I also very much mistreated Irene.

Jin the nicest king to me so far, told me that I'd have to speak to her eventually and I know I do it's just finding the courage to speak to her no matter how much every part of me is telling me to go to her. I've been fighting it but Jin told me no more hiding and I'm going to speak with her no matter what.

He also says the ball is in a few days so I better speak to her before that, heck she could even be my date and I actually like the sound of that.

This office that I'm sitting in is actually quite nice and considering what I've done to all of them I'll forever be grateful to them. But I'm constantly remained by my kings that it's Y/n, she's the reason to why I'm still alive even though she doesn't know it.

Today would usually be a day I would spend with one of the kings and since it's a Tuesday that means king Yoongi would be training me today but I was given the day off from that since at any moment I know Irene would be coming through that door.

I don't know if she would even want to speak to me since she refused to even look at me at the funeral to which I didn't really want to attend since I feel massively still guilty about the whole thing. But I showed to pay respects and support Y/n even if it was from a slight distance.

The door to my office suddenly opens and the rush of that sweet scent, hit me full force. King Yoongi comes strolling in with a shy looking Irene who has kept her gaze down to the floor.

"Well if any of you have problems you know where to find me." Yoongi

"With Y/n." Irene

She whispers and Yoongi nods. He looks at me with his blank expression with a raised brow and I knew he was asking if I'd be okay probably worried for Irene or something but I nod at him.

He blinks blankly at me and turns to leave, through the door after Irene comes further in and he shuts it behind him. Now leaving both myself and Irene in the room alone. It was pretty awkward at first but I think that was just myself making it that way.

I stood up and nervously patted my sides and gazed at her from the door she stood next to still refusing to look my way at all. I suppose the last time we spoke it didn't go down well and she confessed to me about her feeling and I did nothing but call her fowl names and crush her in the process.

"Irene, I...I just want to start of and say....I'm sorry."

At the word sorry she hesitantly glances up at me across the room, and her hands laid across her bump that I could very clearly see which makes me feel even more nervous.

"I'm sorry that the last time we spoke, I called you the harshest names ever and I blamed you for what we did and no amount of apologies could make up for that."

She stood completely still, her doe like eyes staring back at me.

"You hurt me." Irene

She whispered and I felt a little pain in my chest at the way she spoke so softly yet quietly.

"Yes I know and I'm sorry. I take full responsibility for hurting you. Never should I have done that you or to Y/n. I want to make it up to you both. I've got forever you know."

I chuckled a little bit and she nods lightly to move towards a chair that's placed in front of my desk. She moves slowly, taking small steps until she finally reaches and takes a seat.