Chapter 46 🌹

~KAI POV~

Sitting in the dark, awaiting your fate is no fun.

For days now the only set of entertainment I had was a small rock that I would throw at the wall or jiggle in my hands throwing it into the air as many times as I can until I'm bored.

They could come in at any time to tell me if I'll live or die but I'm most likely thinking I'll die at this point. I mean who could blame them?

It's their decision with what is to come of me and I'll have to accept it and I've already accepted death.

I never got a chance to tell Irene I'm sorry for the way I treated her as well as I did Y/n. I treated her very badly especially after she told me she was pregnant. I just wanted y/n so badly that I used Irene and when she needed me the most a tossed her away and I haven't spoken to her since. I regret it and now this is my karma.

The main doors to the dungeon I'm in opens as I can hear it boom open with its scratchy rusted noise. I can hear their footsteps approaching but I don't look up from the floor just yet until someone opens my cell and walks in.

"Kai." Namjoon

I look up to him standing over me and bowed my head.

"Stand." Namjoon

That's when King Jin and king Hoseok came to stand next to him. One on the left the other on the right while king Jungkook stands at the cell door looking more irritated than usual.

I stand up like he says but keep my sight to the ground.

"We have something to tell you Kai." Namjoon

"Your fate has been chosen." Hoseok

Oh god, here it comes.
The moment they tell me I'm gonna die. I don't speak a word and wait for them to just say the words. I've never been more nervous in my life, if I thought coming here to tell them where y/n was kept was bad enough. This moment here is so much more worse. I couldn't breath and prepared myself for for the worst news.

I still have to say goodbye to my mom and dad. My little sister, my older brother even Irene and some friends, I had so much going for me and I threw it all away.

"We're going to keep you alive for now." Namjoon

Did I just hear that correctly?

Without thinking my bulging eyes met king Namjoons who was smirking at my reaction.

"I'm sorry did I hear you right?"

He nods with a chuckle.

"Yes you did." Namjoon

"We need a new advisor Kai and we'd like to have you take over if you're manageable for the role." Jin

King Jin held his chin high, looking down at me with high confidence. He winked at me and that's when I remember a few things he told me before y/n was saved. He wasn't just making conversation he was giving me advice and tips on how to work with them all. Why didn't I see that before?

"Don't get too excited though! We could still kill you!" Jungkook

He snaps from the cell door and the three kings in front of me whip their heads to his direction to all glare at him.

"What?! I still don't like him." Jungkook

He shrugged. I'm not fond of him either but unfortunately I have to keep my mouth shut since they could all kill me right now if they wanted to.

"Well that's unfortunate for you since from now on he'll be working for us." Hoseok

Jungkook rolled his eyes and leaned against the bars.