||five||

CAMERON'S POV

I quickly got up out of bed and ran out the door to Rebecca's house.

The door was wide open. I ran up to her room, nothing. Her bathroom, nothing.

She wasn't in the house, nobody was.

I went in the kitchen to go call the cops when I saw a note on the fridge.

"Cameron,
If you want your little girl friend then meet me in the park at 4:00 sharp. If you don't show, then don't be surprised when you hear gunshots."

It's said. Its 3:45. I have 15 minutes to get to the park.

I ran as fast as I could and I got there just in the nick of time.

There was a man in a black hoodie holding a crying Rebecca in his arms with a gun to her head.

"Let her go!" I said running up to him.

"Come one step closer and she gets a shot in the head." He said.

"CAMERON" Rebecca yelled squirming around.

It broke my heart. But one wrong move and she was literally dead.

"Who are you?" I said, my heart beating a mile per minute.

The man took the hood off his head. Ian.

"Ian? Why are you doing this!" I yelled.

"Because if I can't have her, then nor you or anyone else can." He said.

I looked at Rebecca, she was struggling to be released.

"Ian just let her go" I said calmly.

"You think it's that easy?" He said.

"What do I gotta do?" I asked

"Just leave. When I'm done with her you will know" he said and he walked away with her.

I couldn't run after her, he would kill her on the spot.

I ran. "CAMERON PLEASE DONT LEAVE. I LOVE YOU" I could hear Rebecca yell as he brought her away.

"YOU DONT LOVE HIM! YOU LOVE ME.  ATLEAST I DONT LOVE YOU FOR A BET!" Ian yelled, I looked back to see him kick her, as she fell to the floor he dragged her in to a van. It's over. She knows. But I won't stop until I find her.

It hurt to see her hurt and I couldn't do anything, if I did then she would get worse.

I went back home.

I opened the door and my mom was walking down the stairs.

"Cameron honey, where did you go it's like 5 in the morning?" My mom asked.

"Ian took Rebecca. He is hurting her. I can't go after him, he had a gun to her head" I said and I could feel myself begin to break down.

"Oh, my gosh. Cameron! Do you know where she is?" My mom asked concerned.

"No." I said

"I will call your father he can help" she said

My step-dad is the chief of police for my area.

"Dad is on his way" my mom said hanging up the phone.

REBECCA'S POV

I got thrown in to van once again. I scrunched my stomach in pain.
It was a bet? Does Cameron really not love me?

I can't be thinking about that right now. I need to find a way out.

Why is Ian doing this, just because I ended a 'relationship' that wasn't even official yet.

Eventually after about 5 minutes I felt the truck stop.

The big doors opened revealing Ian.

"Now you are going to walk in here and not say anything or else." He said pointing to the gun in his pocket holster.

I got out of the truck.

I looked around, we were at a hotel.

We walked in and Ian was pretty much dragging me but my arm.

As we approached the elevator, one of the front desk ladies came up to us.

"Ma'am are you alright?" She asked me, giving a suspicious look at Ian.

"She is just a little too drunk" he said, and continued in to the elevator.

We went in to a room. I got knocked over the head with something and that was all I remembered.

CAMERON'S POV

It was 9:00 am when my dad came home with a couple of his co-workers.

"Okay, Cameron we have tracked the licence plate number, now we just need to follow its tracks. He didn't make it very hard to find him. We are lucky."

We got in to the cop car and started driving. It said that the destination was about 5 minutes from where I last saw Rebecca.

We drove up to Front street.

We drove up to a hotel, a decent hotel, pretty nice.

My dad and I, plus a couple other cops ran inside.

I went to the front desk.

"Hi, I was wondering if you saw a younger man around my age, and a girl around my age, Brown hair possibly crying?" I asked. It sounded stupid but I couldn't think.

"As a matter of fact, I noticed something weird about a couple of kids coming in, but the young man said that the lady was drunk, anyway their room is on the 4th floor, room 8d." The lady at the front desk said.

"Thank-you" I said.

My dad and the other officers got in to the elevator.

I took the stairs. We got there at the same time.

We ran to the door, and my dad banged.

"CALIFORNIA POLICE OPEN UP" My dad yelled.

Ian opened the door. "I'm done with her" he said to me with a smirk as my dad and the other cops put him in cuffs.

"Cameron go get her we will be out here." My dad said.
I walked in slowly.

The room was a mess, I saw a trail of blood leading to the bathroom.

I look in the bathroom and see a crying Rebecca.

I ran up to her and kneeled down beside her.

The blood was from her nose.
"Cameron I know" she said wincing in pain.

"I'm sorry" I said. But at first it was for the bet, but I really fell in love with you." I said

"I know" she said.

"What?" I said in confusion.

"I can tell, your eyes" she said.

I smiled and kissed her.