||twenty-two||

REBECCA'S POV

Scott and I walked in to the house and sat down on the couch.

"Scott me and you need to talk about this whole living situation" his dad said walking in to the room.

"What's up?" He asked

"In private" he said firmly.

"I, uh-will be back" scott said pecking me quickly on the lips before getting up and exiting the room.

Weird.

I decided to go to the kitchen and help his mom with dinner.

"Anything I can help with?" I asked her.

"Yea, you can cut the salad if you'd like" she smiled.

I pulled out a cutting board and began chopping.

"You know, Rebecca. Ever since Scott found you he has been very happy" she said.

"He has grown up nice.." I smiled to myself

"And he doesn't pick his nose.." She laughed causing me to laugh aswell.

"Hey, I never stopped" Scott said, I turned my head and he was leaning on the counter picking his nose.

"That's so gross!" I laughed.

Then I felt a pain in my hand, I looked down and there was a slight cut in my index finger.

"Ow!" I yelled

I grabbed a napkin and held it on my finger.

"What happened?" Scott asked coming up and looking at my finger.

"The knife kinda slit my finger when I wasn't looking." I said staying calm, actually I pretended to laugh.

"ITS ALL MY FAULT IM A TERRIBLE BOYFRIEND!" He said brushing his hands harshly through his hair.

Woah.

"It's fine!" I said, I feel bad he is going crazy it's not even bad!" I giggled at his childish remark

"No it's not" he said kissing my finger.

I hugged him and kissed him in the cheek.

"You guys are too cute" his mom smiled.

"I need to go clean this up, I will be back" I said walking upstairs to the bathroom, Scott followed behind.

I struggled to get the alcohol from the top cupboard.

"Here, sit" Scott instructed me, and I sat on the edge of the bathtub.

He dabbed some rubbing alcohol on my cut and placed a band-aid over it.

"So what did your dad say to you?" I asked him curiously.

"He said he never liked you and he wants you out" Scott said.

My expression faded.

"Oh.." Is all I could manage to get out.

"I'm kidding" he laughed

"Then what" I whined

"He just said no funny business" he said

"Meaning.." I said confused.

"Really?" He smiled

I nodded.

"How do I put this without making it awkward... Um he doesn't want you and I to do anything stupid and then have a little person walking around in 9 months.. See where I'm getting at?" He giggled.

"Ohhh" I sighed "that makes sense.." I said.

"Um, Scott I'm gonna skip on dinner, I suddenly am feeling a bit sick." I said

"Okay, I will tell my mom, you go rest up." He said placing a kiss on my forehead before leaving the room.

I went in to my room and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

CAMERON'S POV

The next morning I woke up to my alarm at 6:30am.

I got up, not wanting to go to school.

I can't even think about Rebecca without wanted to ball my eyes out. Let alone seeing her.

Cameron you need to grow some balls, and just go, you don't need her!

But I do need her.

I need her more than a plant needs water, more than a human needs food.

I slipped on a pair of kakis, and a black shirt with red vans, and I grabbed my bag, making my way to the car and drove to school.

I walked in to the door with my hood on, not wanting to be noticed by anyone.

I went to my locker and got my geography books, I heard some giggling, I look over.

Of-corse, it's Rebecca, with Scott.

They were holding hands and walking down the hall.

Then Rebecca saw me and our eyes met.

"Cameron?" She said letting go of Scott's hand and running up to me.

I turned back to my locker and just started ringing through.

"Hey, I haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?" She asked excitedly, she is happy to see me.

"I gotta go.." I said shutting my locker and walking to class.

Ugh, why did I do that!

REBECCA'S POV

I went up to say hi to Cameron but it's like he didn't want to see me, I'm not going to lie, that hurts a bit.

I walked back over to Scott.

"Hey, I got my schedule, I have geography first" he said.

"Looks like we have that together!" I said trying to smile.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asked tilting my chin up.

"Oh, nothing" I lied.

We walked in to the class, and Cameron was there but he was just sitting on the window-sil looking out.

"Scott, sit here I will be back." I said to him pointing to a seat at the other side of the room.

"Alright" he replied, I walked over to Cameron.

"Cameron? What's wrong, why are you ignoring me?" I asked him.

"I can't do it" he said

"What?" I asked confused.

"I need to forget you! I can't waist my time on you anymore, I gotta forget!" He said raising his voice.

"I'm sorry, I waisted your time" I said calmly, I felt tears dripping down my face.

I slowly wiped my tears and walked out of the class.

"Rebecca I didn't mean it like tha-" he said coming after me.

I cut him off, "it's fine, I don't want you to remember me" I cried.

I went to my locker.
I slid down and ended up with my knees in my face, balling.

"Hey" I felt a tap on my shoulder and felt a presence sitting next to me.

"I'm sorry" I said to Scott leaning my head on his shoulder.

"You don't deserve to be talked to like that, you don't deserve any of that crap!" He said

"I don't know what's wrong with him.." I cried.

I was embraced, for 5 minutes until I got the courage to make another presence in that class.

Why am I so hung up on Cameron?

I walked in and all eyes were on me, but worst were Cameron's, burning a hole through me.