welcome

Maxine POV

                I finish up the song. Everyone claps i the bar and i hear some whistles in there too. God i live for this feeling. Everyone just being really happy your alive. Cheering for you and what you give to the world. I jump down from the stage cus my gig is over and head to Maddie who was drinking some soda at a booth. I pull up a stool next to it.

Mad: that was great Max

M: thanks Mad

G: hey Max great show the usual? 

M: yeah

                   I casually put arm arm on the chair behind her like i normally do. She lays her head on it slightly.

M: *chuckle* what are ya doing?

Mad: oh im just tired...you have great muscles

M: thanks *rolls eyes* i work out

                Gemma hands me a root beer float. I look around the bar while drinking my drink. I see Jade eyeing i think Hope...awwww someone has a crush. A girl walks up to us drunk.

?: hey good looking~

                 ughhhhhhh dudeeeeee i swear looking like me is a blessing and a damn curse

M: hey look im sure your dope but no i dont want to hang

?: not even a lil

                   She gets real close to my lips...i'll admit shes cute i guess. Maddie just scoots away and looks away. Gee thanks for the help dude. Whatever sure. She kisses and i just let her. Doubt this would go anywhere. I slightly push her back and she smiles at me. I give her a wink and she walks away as i wipe my lips.

Mad: seriously?

M: she just wanted some aha its not like she'd come back

Mad: God your a player

M: hm? yeah i guess but like dude none EVER stay-

G: hello Maxine

                   oh DAMN its the Gabrielle aka mayor. I sit up straight 

M: hi ma'am h-how are ya? something we could do for ya?

G: well yes but this is more private 

M; oh um sure yeah okay

                    We walk to the side of the stage where no one is and i lean on a wall.

M: soooooo um what's the skinny?

G: what?

M: oh sorry i mean whats up? like what can i do for you?

G: oh yes. well um as you know every time a newbie comes-

M: A NEWBIE??-

G: shhh yes yes and USUALLY its a secret until they come

M: oh shit yeah aha sorry 

G: as i was saying when a newbie comes they usually get a chaperone. someone to show them around town, get to know them and help them settle

                   I remember Mads and I got Karen, she's pretty dope but man does she hate when we waste time.

M: yeah and?

G: well you see i wanted you to help the newbie get used to things here

M: m-me? with all due respect ma'am...ME? why not Mads? like I'm your first pick?

G: yes you are. your pretty relaxed, arnt as scary as some others, you will be living next to each other and i though i'd give you a chance...do you accept? 

                         wow...me? damn i dont really get chosen for much other then singing and races. Sure i havent been here THAT long compared to maybe Gemma or even Allison but yeah sure.

M: yeah sure sure so when and where?

                      She explains that she'll be walking thru the front doors during open mic hours which is in about 20 mins...20 MINS?

M: thats soon

G: yes it is, now the rest is easy. Get her name, then her info, maybe a slice of the life around here and home before the end of the day got all that?

M: intro, show the ropes, small talk *rolls eyes* and home before 10 got it

G: great im sure everything will go great

                        She walks away and decide to hang out on the stage...wonder what she'll be like. Looks like Mads and I aint gonna be newbies no more. I wonder how they're song'll go. Could top mine?...nahhhh aha i'm one of the best and everyone knows it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~