the comfort of eunchae

NOTE ! astrid / sooyeon is not my oc! she's one of my followers ocs: milkade_ ,, go support her treasure book!

eunchae frowned upon hearing the news of sooyeon, san's youngest sister, being hospitalised. according from san, she had heard the young girl had overworked herself and had been very pale when the nct members found her in her apartment. due to her critical stage, she wasn't able to leave the hospital until a few more days when she was eating properly and had a healthier glow to herself. the black-haired soloist's frown deepened after reading the message san had sent her about sooyeon being used for a bet amongst a teenage boy and his dumb friends. it pained her to know a girl at such a young age had to suffer through so much just for wanting to bring happiness to the world.

one day, san asked eunchae to go look over sooyeon at the hospital. he would've done it however had schedules to attend to with ateez and his girlfriend understood that. eunchae brought some lunch on her way there and a bouquet of the youngest's favourite flowers. she got the room number and swiftly made her way into astrid's room where she noticed her figure laying in bed, asleep. eunchae smiled, placing down the bags and set a bouquet on the table, poking her head out to ask a passing nurse for a vase to put the flowers in. eunchae hummed softly to herself, waiting for the 04 liner to wake up from her slumber — adjusting the flowers she placed in the vase and cleaning the room. "e-eunchae unnie?" sooyeon mumbled sleepily, sitting straight with her back against the hospital bed, rubbing an eye as she stared straight at the soloist who offered a soft smile.

"hey yeonie," she approached the young girl with the lunch she had brought with her. "you hungry? i brought lunch," eunchae sets the bag on the bed and pulled the table out for the young girl, placing the bento onto of it and removing the bag from the bed. her brown eyes watches astrid as she hesitates fo eat the purchased food. eunchae playfully rolled her eyes at her behaviour. "just eat it astrid. no one is going to yell at you for it," she joked as the girl nodded, unboxing the bento and thanking the older female who sat on the edge of the bed.

"what brings you here unnie?" sooyeon asked, tilting her head slightly at the older female who stared lovingly at her for a moment. eunchae's eyes softened as a frown was replaced on her face.

"san told me," she said, noticing how sooyeon tensed up. "yeonie, i've always told you to talk to me about these type
of things," she softly said to the girl, placing a hand on top of hers to give a small squeeze. "you worried a lot of us you know."

"i-i'm sorry," sooyeon whispered, looking down at her lap. she feels a hand on her head, glancing up she notices its eunchae ruffling her hair softly.

"he's a dick for what he did but this is an opportunity for you to show him that you don't need him in your life to be happy," she smiled softly, removing her hand from the girl's brunette hair. "yeonie you are a beautiful and talented girl. any guy would be lucky to have you as a girlfriend but you're still so young," eunchae said to her as sooyeon stared at her with soft eyes. "you'll find better guys in the future," she smiled assuringly to her.

"unnie, have i ever said how thankful i am to have you in our life?" sooyeon questioned the female that chuckled, shaking her head no and gestured to allow the treasure member to continue to speak. "i mean...you're always there for me and san oppa when we need it the most and even help the treasure members with school," she boasted to the soloist who smiled at her words. "i'm really glad san oppa did meet you. you're a great older sister," she smiled.

eunchae gave her a closed eye smile, patting her head affectionately as she spoke. "thanks yeonie. you mean a lot to me and i'd hate to see you hurting this much again," she sighed, leaning forward to whisper to the young girl. "when you get discharged i'll teach you how to be a baddie but shh don't tell sanie," this caused sooyeon to giggle, nodding her head as eunchae smiled at her.