Chapter 6

Marge walked over and sat next to Sam. She wrapped her arms around the smaller woman and rocked he back and forward shhhssing her. "What's wrong Sam?" 

"What happened to Gary is horrible! And I can't even imagine what he must be going through. But he doesn't know that I heard it all. He called me just as it happened and I HEARD IT! I heard him screaming I heard him begging no. It was horrible. Every time I go to sleep I dream I'm him, that its happening to me"

"I- I didn't know" they spun around and saw Gary standing on the stairs.

"Gary-" "why didn't you tell me Sam?"

"You didn't need to know, it's just going to make you feel worse" 

"Baby, I'm so sorry"

"No Gary, it's not your fault" 

"please just come back to bed with me Sam? Just lie with me?" She looked to Gary's mum who nodded.

"Gary you can't just leave your mum there like that, she wants to know how you are and look after you" she snugged down in bed beside him and he wrapped his arms around her. "I can't deal with her right now, I just need you" "fair enough, but you can't just tell her to go away, she's come all the way from Manchester and its barley light outside, she's worried about you"

"I don't care if she's worried about me! I'm worried about you" his expression softened and she looked away from him. "Sam, I'm so so soo sorry" "it's not your fault" she kept facing away, if she looked at him now she'd hear it all again. "I was calling you, it's my fault" "Gary I stayed on the line, I couldn't hang up" she looked up at him with tears forming in her eyes.

**a/n Im sorry its short, its all i have time to write because my parents didnt bring me home till after midnight!  i also havent looked over it for mistakes, so sorry in advance <3 jess xxx**