Chapter 46

'Why am I still here? Why is he keeping me alive?'

*******

5 weeks later

Sam was hunched over clinging to the toilet. She had morning sickness again. She thought it would have subsided by now but it continued to wake her up at ridicules times. Like now, it wasn't even 5 in the morning yet.

She was still staying with the Williams. She couldn't bare to be alone. That's another thing, she had started to accept that Gary might be gone for good.

******

"Hey Sam, how are you?" Leslie chirped down the line. She called once a week since Gary went missing. "I'm good thanks Maddie, morning sickness again some stupid hour this morning, any news?" Sam was pleased she had managed to make a friend of Leslie. "No same old, no one has seen him. Or the other one. I told you, I think it's time to give up" her voice softened. "I can't" Sam sniffled. "I know, but this can't last forever"

*****

'Whats he doing? Photos!? Are you kidding me!? What's he going to do send them out to all the papers, it them on twitter, taunt the police?! Why haven't they found me yet.' Max's phone started ringing. 'Are you serious! Get a new ring tone you tosser!'

Max walked out of the basement to take the call. He returned a few minutes later. "Come on Gaz, spread em for the camera" he taunted. 'This is it'.

As Max reached down to grab Gary's bare leg, Gary mustered the strength to kick the phone out of his hand and then made another blow towards his groin. The force from the strike was enough to make him fall backwards.

Gary scrambled on he knees towards the phone and typed in the one number he'd never forget.