Chapter 54

"Wow" Mark swallowed. "Yep wow indeed" Sam reached forward and took a sip of water. "I just want to grab him tight and give him a massive bear hug!" Mark rested his face in his hands, elbows on the table. Sam smiled, "You two are so cute. Are you sure your not gay? Cos if you are, Emma and I need a serious talk" Mark giggled and brushed a strand of hair out of his eyes.

"Do you want some desert love?" Mark asked. "No, I'll just end up throwing it up." Sam sighed. "Oh, was your food that bad?" Mark asked. "Morning sickness Marky" "Oh, yeah right. You still have that?" "Yeah it won't leave me alone, and Gary gets really upset when he can't, you know, do the husband bit" Mark nodded his head "Grumpy Gary?" He questioned. "Grumpy Gary" Sam confirmed.

"Well I guess I better bet you home or we'll be dealing with a very grumpy Gary" Mark said. He got up and went over and paid the bill. When Mark returned he offered Sam his hand "Come on then".

*****

"It's alright guys" Gary whipped his iPad out and turned the screen on illuminating the whole room. "Geeez Gaz, give that thing to me, we've probable blown a fuse" Rob took the iPad and left Chloe and Gary together.

"Come sit here" Gary patted the empty side of his bed and motioned her over when he saw she looked scared. "It's alright" he assured her, placing his hand on her arm. "You don't happen to have another iPad Gaz?" She asked. "Errr, no. I've got a phone thought" he lit the screen and for a second Chloe could have sworn she saw someone standing in the doorway. She gasped "What?" Gary asked. "Nothing, saw a shadow or something"

About 10 mins later and Robbie still hadn't returned. "ROBBBIIEEE!!" Chloe yelled. "Jeez, not so loud" Gary defended his ear. "Whatttt" was this quiet reply they heard. "HURRRY UP!" "I can't fix it any faster! I'm use less at this!" Chloe and a Gary giggled to themselves.

Another 10 minutes and the lights finally switched back on. But they hadn't realised the room had started filling up with smoke. When the power kicked in the fire alarm started blaring in their ears. "Are you that bad of a cook?!" Gary yelled over the noise.