Chapter 31

"What?" Gary stared at the Leslie through the screen. "I've got people in Manchester on route now. Gary, please don't panic. Everything is going to be fine" "Bullshit it is!" he slammed his fists on the table. "He's with my mother!" "Gary come with me" Sam grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the room.

"Sammee he's got my mother, she's all i have left. What if he hurts her, or worse" "Gary, they wont let that happen, they-" "But what if its already happened?!" he yelled at her. "Gary stop yelling at me and call her!" "Oh god your right" he dug into one of his pockets and shakily pulled out his phone. He fumbled around before holding to his ear. Sam heard it ringing away before going to voice mail. "Mum call me as soon as you get this OK, love you"

"She didn't answer" he dropped the phone on the seat next to him. "What if something has happened to her Sam? It's all my fault, ill never forgive myself" "shhhh, Gary she will be fine" Sam pulled him into a tight hug "I promise"

They walked back in the room with all the police officers and took their seats at the table. "Gary they are about 10 minutes away" Leslie told him. He just nodded and looked down at his hands sitting in his lap. After minutes of awkward silence Gary got his phone out, got up and walked to the corner of the room. He spoke quietly, they couldn't make out what he was saying. He soon ended the call and sat back at the table. "Who was that babe?" Sam asked him "Just changing our plans. We have a flight back this afternoon" "Okay, that's good" "They are there Gary"

Leslie had an earpiece on with a live feed from the officers in Manchester. Their screen was muted so they didn't know what was going on. Sam reached out and took Gary's hand, bring them together and running her thumb over his knuckles. "Gary" Leslie's voice rang out making him jump. "What is it, have you got her? Is she safe?" Gary stood up and his eyes burned into the screen in hope. "Its not good news Gary. There is no one there and by reports it looks like there was a struggle. Im sorry, forensics will be sent ASAP. We will get him."

Gary slumped in his seat and burried his face in his hands as the police began to file out of the room. "Gary, she could be fine" Sam tried to comfort him. "But what if she's not, what if she's dead. What then?"