Chapter 37

She woke up again, this time everything was much calmer. She could clearly make out Gary. "Hey, how are you?" He asked. "Much better thanks. Ho- how's the baby? Do I still have it? Is he alright?" "Calm down" he stroked a stray strand of hair away from her face "Baby's fine, your going to be fine. Everything is alright" he smiled. "And the tracker, did they get it?" "They sure did, Leslie and Nichols are having it analysed by techs, apparently is high tech stuff so they might be able of find out where he got it and they might be able to contact him, or something like that" "Gary that great!" She tried to get up and hug him but he pushed her down. "If you keep moving like that you will pull your stitches again, and I tell ya. It won't look pretty." She pulled a face and he leaned down and kissed her.

******

"Do ya want me to go home and get you some pyjamas and stuff?" Gary came back in the room with a takeaway cup of either tea or coffee. "Errr, actually can you go to the shop?" "Why?" "Pregnancy alright, I want kids, I do. I can deal with getting fat-" "Your pregnant, not fat" "Shut up and let me finish! I can deal with needing to pee all the time, the hormones, the back pain, I can even deal with the labour, but what I am hating right now, is how much bigger my boobs are" "What!?" Gary laughed "Shut up Gary, my bras don't fit me, it's not funny!" She hit him across the arm. "Watch it" he warned as some tea splashed out the top. She gave him evil eyes and he smirked. "Okay, okay I will buy you some new bras, alright?" "Yep, and can I have a new onesie while your there?" "Don't push it" he kissed her head and headed for the door. "Take Nichols with you!" She called. "What?! Why?" He turned around in the doorway. "So I know your safe." Her answer was simple. "But that's just going to be awkward!" "Too bad".

*****

Gary settled with some plain blacks and skin colour before heading over to the onesie section. Some of them were absolutely nuts! And some were cute as, he knew Sam looked adorable in the ones she had so he decided on a bunny. Yeah it was childish but he knew she'd love it. He placed the items on the counter. "Hi, how are y-" the lady stopped in her tracks when she look up and saw Gary Barlow. He smiled politely "you today? I'm pretty good thanks yourself?" "I- I I," she was lost for words, Gary was use to this. All of a sudden her expression changed and she walked round the counter and pulled him into a hug. "I'm so sorry," she rubbed her hand along his back. "I hope they catch the bastard" she whispered, pulled away and went back behind the counter and processed the sale. He was paying and just finished putting his pin in when she thrust a piece of docket paper and a pen in front of him. He smiled and scribbled down some hearts, x's and his signature. He picked up the bag and walked out of the shop, Nichols walking awkwardly behind him.

*****

When he arrived back at the hospital he was surprised to see Chloe sat beside Sam. They were talking. One of those really in depth conversations girls had and he didn't want to interrupt. But it was too late, Chloe saw him and waved him in. "So what did you get her Barlow?" Chloe motioned to the bag. "Errr?" He looked at Sam who nodded. He passed the bag to Chloe. She pulled out the sets of matching underwear and gasped, "I expected more kinky from you Barlow, what's bitten your arse?" He laughed and nodded his head towards the door where Nichols stood. "Oh man up, Robbie still would of got the most exposing and sexual thing on this planet even if the queen was with him!" "Speaking of Rob, he here?" "Yeah, he's just gone to get some coff-- OMG SAM LOOK AT THIS IT'S ADORABLE!!" She pulled out the onesie "Gary.." Sam smiled. "Gazza! That the best you can do? It covers her all up!" Rob walked into the room.

"This is really awkward, can someone please help me put on some proper underwear and my totally gorgeous onesie?" Sam announced to the chatty room. Everyone looked at Gary, "err, yeah I'll just get the nurse" "the nurse, really?" Robbie shook his head. "Well if I do it myself she will tear her stitches!" Gary got on the defensive. "Calm down Gaz, I'm only playing" Rob said as they filed out of the room, giving Sam and Gary some privacy.