Chapter 77

"PUT THE FUCKING BABY DOWN!" Ellie screamed pointing her gun at the man dressed as her soldiers. He simply raised his gun and shot at her. the bullet nicked the side of her stomach. She ducked to the side and behind the door. She slumped back against the wall reaching to touch her wound. She hissed as the contact stung. Resting her head against the wall she screwed up her face, pushing herself up off the ground. "Okay, one, two, three" Ellie whispered to herself and spun around aiming her gun high. The second she turned she felt a sharp pain in her face as his fist connected with her jaw, knocking her back down. He then kicked the gun out of her hand and ran off down the hallway. Without a baby.

"Fuck! Lily" Ellie pushed herself off the ground and went into the room. Lily wasn't crying, what if he hurt her? She stumbled over to the cot where Lily was laying. Ellie looked down and was stared at with big gloomy eyes that were looking up at her. Lily reached out her little arms in Ellie's direction. There was a small cut on her little wrist. After checking Lily was alright she bent down to check on Gary. He looked a mess but was just passed out. She hoped Sam was the same but she looked strangle white.

"Sam! Sam!" Ellie slapped her face and got no reaction. She pressed her fingers against Sam's to check for a pulse. It was weak but it was there. She picked up Lily and walked out to the nurses station. "I need help now" she told them. They ran into the room and picked Gary up and put him beside Sam. They started running blood tests and everything. One of the nurses was cleaning up the vomit off the floor. "Are you okay?" One of the nurses asked Ellie. She was sitting in the corner, holding Lily close. "Help me later, help them now."

**

"Ellie?" A nurse called out. "Yeah here" she said weakly from the corner of the room, she hadn't moved and she still held Lily tight. "They've been drugged with Ketamine, it's a horse tranquilliser, often known as Special K. We usually see it in rape victims, it's used as a date rape drug. It's tasteless and dissolved in a liquid." The nurse told her. "Do you know who gave it to them?" Ellie asked. "No, they had a meal bought in for tea and they didn't order any drinks. Ketamine usually takes affect in 20 mins if ingested" The nurse said. "Where.... Else would they..... Get a drink from?" Ellie stammered. "Well the water dispenser was refilled earlier, are you sure your okay?" The nurse squinted at her in the dark light. "No" Ellie whispered, "I got shot, the bullet nicked my side" "Give me the baby, you probably need stitches" the nurse sighed. "No, baby's coming with me" Ellie argued and held Lily tighter. "Fine, come with me"

***

"Ouch!" Ellie yelped as she was being stitched up. She was sitting there cradling Lily to her naked torso. "You've lost a lot of blood" the nurse shook her head. "I just need to lie down for a bit" Ellie argued. "Gary's awake" someone came into the room and said. Ellie went to get up but was pushed back down. "Where do you think your going?" The nurse raised her eyebrow. "To Gary" "no your not, I'm not finished with you." "Fine" Ellie sighed irritably. "Okay your good to go, do you want me to get you a hospital top?" The nurse asked "Eww no, I'll get someone to bring me one" "Okay, well Gary's probably throwing up so just a warning"

True to the nurses word when Ellie walked into Gary's room he was sitting up with a bucked held by several nurses. "Ellie" he looked up when he saw her enter the room. He leaned back against the pillows and told the nurses to go. "You have her?" He asked. "Yep" she smiled holding Lily out to him. "No, no you keep her, I'll probably drop her" he resisted. "Oh okay" she said and stood there awkwardly. "Why are you not wearing a top?" Gary asked confused. "Long story" She sighed kissing Lily on the head. "Thank you, for saving her" Gary whispered. "Hey, no problem" She smiled patting his naked chest.