Chapter 14

Sam just stayed where she was crying her heart out. letting all her hurt fade into tears. Chloe got up and dragged Gary out of the room with her. "What happened Chloe?" he demanded to know, "We're talking Gary, girl talk. This is normal, now go back to the boys and make music." She turned to head back into the room but Gary grabbed her wrist. "Is it something I've done?" his voice was quiet, sacred of the answer. "Yes and no Gary, yes and no" she turned on her heal and went back to Sam. Gary slumped his head down and walked towards the toilet. 

Gary finished up and went back in to the studio, the boys were talking but they stopped when he came back in. He let out a sigh and headed over to the piano, "How come Sam and Chloe are talking about me, your all talking about me, but know one is actually talking to me?!" "Because no one knows what to say Gaz" Mark walked over and massaged his shoulders. "We have known you over 20 years, and nothing like this has ever happened before and we don't know what to say." "He's telling the truth Gaz," Howard pitched in "We don't want to make you feel upset, we don't want to remind you of what happened, but we can't just forget it. Your our friend, and this has hurt us too, we need to talk about it, and the only way we can do that is when your not around" "Has anybody even asked me if I want to talk about it? No? Well maybe I do, Sam didn't think i was going to tell her about my nightmare, why?? I''ve always told those closest to me everything, why would i stop now?" Gary got up and headed for the door "Maybe Sam was right, maybe this was a bad idea" "Gaz wait!" Mark followed him and forced him to sit at Robbie's living room table. "Will you tell me?" "I'll always tell you anything Marky, but not here, not now" "Then I'm taking you out to tea tonight, just you and me, we can go to that good Italian place you like?" "That sounds good mate, I need to tell someone. You've just got to make Sam let me go"

Right on cue Sam and Chloe walked out. "Sam can I talk to you for a sec?" She looked over and saw Gary sitting at the table "Umm, sure" they walked out of earshot. "You know  how you want Gary to talk to someone? Well he's agreed to go out with me tonight, he said he wants to tell me, so d'you mind if i take him out" Sam was releived, he needed this "Go for it Marky, just have him home before 11, or im coming for you!" she kissed his cheek and muttered against his face "Thankyou"

They walked out to Chloe and Gary, she was rubbing his back everyone was doing that lately . "Good news Gaz, you have the best fiance in the world, good catch there mate, I'll pick you up at 6;45 for a reservation at 7, don't be late" "Thankyou both" "Gary can you please take me home" Sam interrupted "Yea, course baby, i want to go home too. Tell the boys i said bye and see you tonight"

When they arrived home Sam ignored Gary most of the time, she found things to do. Do the washing, hang the clothes on the line, change the sheets. It was 6 before they knew it and Gary headed upstairs for a shower.

He came downstairs at 6;40 dressed in a Coldplay tshirt with a blazer over the top and a dark pair of chinos to go with it. He'd trimmed his beard and was looking as if he was going on a date. Sam was sitting on the sofa with a glass of wine in her hand. "Sure you will be ok here by yourself?" "yeah im not going to be by myself, Emma is going to stay when Mark gets here." "Oh, that's nice of her, will she have the little one too?" "I think so" The doorbell rang and Gary and Sam both went to answer it. Emma had her baby girl Caroline and she went inside. Gary went outside and got in the car with Mark.

They pulled up outside the restaurant at 6;54 and headed inside.

**AN got lots of feedback from the last chapter, was it good or something? Jess xxx**