Chapter 75

"I'm sorry" Sam's mother whispered to Ellie and Gary. "We're just going to get some coffee" She grabbed her husband by the arm once he handed Lily back to Gary. "I'm going to see if the teams here yet" Ellie said as she got up and headed just outside the room pulling her phone out of her jacket pocket. "Shhhh little Lily. Don't cry baby" Gary tried to soothe the little crying baby in his arms. "I think she needs feeding" Sam whispered and kissed Gary on the cheek. She unbuttoned the gown and took Lily from Gary, holding her in place. Gary sat and watch Sam work her magic. He reached out and brushed his fingers through her hair. "Love you" he whispered.

***

"Okay, you 2, either side of the door to their room. At all times. Done leave for any reason." Ellie order 2 armed men. "Yes ma'am" they saluted and headed off. "You lot, front entry to the maternity ward. Anyone that looks suspicious ID. I want you 2 to run background checks on all the staff. See if you can find a connection to our suspect. You guys go to the emergency entry and I want you in the room with them. Look after that baby like its your own. Right, move out!" Ellie gave her orders and they all started to disappear.

"Errr excuse me, are you looking after the Barlow's?" An elderly voice asked from behind her. "Who are you?" Ellie asked rudely. "I'm Marjorie, Gary mother" She smiled. "Oh, actually I can tell." Ellie beamed at her. "Sorry for being rude, come on. I'll take you to them"

**

"Mum!" Gary cried when he looked up at the door way. He got off the bed and headed to his mother holding his arms open. "Mum" he said again wrapping her up in a Barlow hug. "Hello darling, who are you" She asked giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Well I nearly died, but I'm sure you understand." He smiled and pointed to Sam. "Oh yes, you were the worst Gary." She smiled and took a seat beside the bed, only casting a glance at the man in the corner with the gun. "Are you expecting trouble?" She asked cautiously. "Hope not" Gary sighed, "just a precaution".

"Do you wanna hold her mum? Your first granddaughter?" Gary beamed at her. "Has she got a name" she raised her eyebrow at him, the movement identical to Gary. "Of course, mum this is Lily, Lily this is your nanna" Gary whispered to the sleeping baby as he took her off Sam and gave her to his mother. "Oh my, isn't she gorgeous!" Marjorie exclaimed. "Yeah she is" Gary smiled proudly down at her.

"In my bag Gary, I got you some things for her" Marjorie smiley and urged Gary to get out her bag. The first thing he pulled out made Sam's heart melt, Gary and his mother were truly the same. It was a onesie, a kangaroo. Just like the koala Gary had bought. "Aw Marj, that's adorable! Thankyou so much!" Sam smiled and leaned forwards to hug her mother in law. "There's more" she smiled, gently rocking the baby. Gary pulled out a stuffed bear, wearing a take that jacket. Gary's mouth fell open and his face was a puzzle as he tried to form words. Marjorie erupted with laughter, the look on his face was priceless.