Chapter 72

*a/n under the threat of having my head ripped off, I give you chapter 72!*

"I'm sorry, only Mr Barlow can come through here" The doctor stopped them and Gary followed him into the maternity ward. Sam was moved from the stretcher onto the bed and immediately surrounded by nurses. Gary was pushed out of the way as they attached and endless amount of things to her and changed her into a loose fitting gown. Eventually they started to file out one by one and Gary made his move back to the bedside. "What's happening Sam?" Gary whispered. "I dunno" she replied.

A female doctor walked in and put some gloves on. "Hello Im, doctor Joan. Can you tell me what happened Sam?" She asked. "I was brushing my hair and I felt a pain and like a pop then I was on the ground with Gary bashing at the door" Sam said through gritted teeth. "Okay, well if you don't mind I'm going to have a look and see what's happening, okay" she smiled. Sam nodded her head and grabbed Gary's arm as her legs were placed in supporting claws at the end of the bed. It felt strange having someone prod at her like that, but she had to get use to it. The doctor lowered her legs and pulled off her gloves throwing them in the bin. "Well I can tell you that you are in labour, but it's just the beginning. When your contractions get closer together is when you need to start pushing. A nurse will be with yo at all times. Feel free to get up and walk around just don't leave the ward okay? I'll check back in with you soon" She smiled again and left the room.

"See everything is fine" Gary sighed and rested his head on Sam's shoulder. "I hope your right," she said "Go tell Ellie and Robbie" she motioned at the door. "I don't wanna leave you baby" Gary argued. "Then help me up and I'll come with you!" She glared at him.

**

"Sam! Gary! What's happening in there?" Robbie jumped to his feet when he saw them. "She's in labour, everything is fine" Gary shook his head at Robbie's concern. "What? Why is she standing up and not pushing it out?" Robbie asked confused. "Stop talking about me like I'm not here. And my contractions are too far apart" Sam said as she started pacing the waiting room.

"Where's Chloe?" She asked looking at Robbie. "I thought it was best if she didn't come, didn't want to scare her bout childbirth" Robbie shrugged. "No one got to scare me did they" Sam deadpanned as she rubbed her hands across her belly. She stopped suddenly looking down before walking quickly to the room she was in and through to the personal bathroom. God, she just wanted this thing out of her.

"Are you alright Miss?" Someone asked from the door, the nurse she guessed. "Yeah, just umm.." She didn't know what to say, what if Gary was standing out there too. "Your waters leaking still? No problem, I'll go get you something for that, stay right there" she said with an annoying voice. True to her word, about a minute later the was a knock on the door. Sam slowly opened it scanning the room with her eyes. Gary was sitting on the side of the bed looking towards her, his eyes like a puppy dog, his lips in a soft line. She snatched what the nurse was holding and shut the door with a red face. She put on what the nurse had then splashed some water on her face.

She stepped out and locked eyes with Gary. 'Why am I so embarrassed!?' "Come here Sam" he waved her over. "What's wrong?" He asked as she sat beside him. "I want it out of me" she said quietly. "Soon, okay? Then you will have a gorgeous baby girl you need to look after" he smiled. "Lily" Sam said with a smile.

7 hours later

"FUCKING HELL GARY IF YOU EVER PUT ONE OF THESE THINGS IN ME I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF!!" Sam screamed as she gripped Gary's hand to the point where it was turning white. "Not much longer now Sam" she heard the doctor say. Gary used his free hand to brush a strand of hair from Sam's eye that was stuck with sweat. "IM GONNA KILL YOU!" She screamed as she was once again ordered to push. Then she felt it, it was out of her. The sounds of a baby crying filled the room. She fell back against the soft mattress as Gary freed his hand a disappeared down behind the small curtain.

He came back to Sam and kissed her hard on the lips. "I'm so proud of you baby" he smiled. "Here you go Mr Barlow, congratulations you have a baby girl!" The nurse handed him a little human in a bundle of blanket. He adjusted the blanket around her face then pressed a light kiss on her forehead. He tilted his head and looked up at Sam. She was barely keeping her eyes open. He moved her arms and placed the bundle in them. "Hello Lily" she smiled at her.