Chapter 59

"Oh god" Sam covered her mouth with her hand and leaned into the garden. "Really! Now!" Ellie backed away from the door, he gun never leaving the line. "It's not my fault!" Sam yelled as she reached into the garden. Gary did his best to soothe her but his body still wasn't right and he couldn't bend over. "Ellie, just go well be fine" Gary told her. "I'm not leaving you, you tit! That's not what I'm being paid to do. Here. Call Leslie and get me some back up." Ellie said handing her phone to Gary.

"But what if it's just Chloe and Rob?" Sam asked wiping her face with the sleeve of her jumper. "Do you wanna go in there and find out?" Ellie deadpanned. Sam shrugged, "They won't hurt me, I'm carrying their cargo" She ran her hands across her ever growing swollen belly. "Sam, don't. Lets just call Maddie and get some help. It won't hurt to be safe" Gary tried to reason with her. "Hey we know they don't want us dead, they've had many opportunities to kill us in the past and were still here. If things go south, Ellie can run in and shoot them." Sam was disgusted in herself for thinking of a death so lightly.

"Stop being stupid Sam! Your not going in there!" Gary hissed. "Are you going to stop me?" Sam questioned. "Right, I thought not" Sam started walking towards the door. "Wait!" Ellie called. "What now!?" "Take this" Ellie pulled a military knife from an ankle strap. Sam reluctantly took it and headed for the door.

She pulled at the handle.

Nothing.

"Err, guys. A bit of help here?" She called. "It won't open" she told Ellie. "Really?" Ellie grabbed the handle and yanked on it. "Huh, your right" she concluded. "But it was broken, it literally wouldn't close. What if someone is holding it shut?" Sam realised. "Why would the do that, it's a stupid idea" Ellie laughed.

A small red dot appeared in between Ellie's eyes. "Oh my god get down!!" Sam screamed and pushed her around the corner as a shot hit the ground beside them. "Gary call Maddie now!" Sam screamed. "Where's your driver gone?" Ellie asked. "Home"

"We need to find cover till help arrives." Ellie told them. "But Rob has cameras everywhere, they'll see us." Sam freaked. "No I found a blind spot near the letterbox. We need to make a run for it" They picked Gary up between them and ran for it. A haze of bullets following in their wake...