Chapter 21

"Thank you, please take a seat and Doctor Bennet will see you both soon, first individually then together" The receptionist at the clinic told them. Gary seemed a bit shaky, when they left the hospital there were paparazzi waiting for him, they seemed to follow him non stop these fast few weeks. "I'm not sure I can do this Sammee" "What? Gary don't be stupid, you already did this with Mark" "But he is my best mate, I've known him over 20 years, I've always been able to tell him anything" "Gary the-" Sam was interrupted when Doctor Bennet walked out, "Mr Barlow, I'm Doctor Susanne Bennet please call me Susanne" she held out her hand. "Errr, nice to meet you Susanne, you can call me Gary and this is Sam" "Well I'm going to take you first Mr B- Gary, then send you out and talk to Sam, before I call you both in together"

As Sam was left sitting by herself she had time to think. All of this had taken over her life. Gary was the most important person to her, but she missed the old him. In all that had happened she'd forgotten to tell him her news. Before all this happened she was sure Gary world be ecstatic, but now she wasn't so sure. He'd lost his confidence, he seemed like a shell of the man she use to know. Maybe she just shouldn't tell him, 'but what if that upset him, or I could tell him on this holiday' Sam was pulled out of her thoughts when Gary came and sat beside her and Susanne called her over. One brief glance at Gary told her that he had been crying, his eyes were all puffy and red, he had the sniffles and he was avoiding eye, it was the classic Barlow.

"Would you like to come with me Sam?" "Just a sec, are you alright Gaz?" She rubbed her hand over his knee. He nodded in response. She got up and left him to his thoughts. 'Pleaseeee hurry up Sam! I don't want to be alone, I need you. What could you possibly be talking about? What was that!!?? Oh just the receptionist, what if he finds me, this is the one place I was certain to come, oh Barlow get a grip!! You are going away, your going to be fine!' "Errr, Mr Barlow, can a get you anything, cup of tea, glass of water?" It was the girl from behind the counter "ummm, no I'm fine Thankyou" "Okay, if you change your mind, just let me know, they shouldn't be to much longer" Gary glanced up at the clock on the wall and saw that nearly 1 and a half hours had passed 'shit where did that time go!' "Mr Barlow could you join us now?"

***a/n hi guys, so it's been a couple days since I updated cos I'm on holiday. Just got back from the cricket and Australia smashed so I'm happy and I hope this update works because wattpad hates me and it never works on my iPad. Do enjoy and please leave feedback, I have a long car trip tomorrow so if you are all that keen for another chapter I might do it then cos later all day I'm at a wedding, love you all Jess xxxx ***