Chapter 33

Sam was fast asleep Gary not far behind her, he was half there. They were back in London, no one had head from Gary's mum at all. The police were looking for her, so were lots of people. Max Cooper the plumber was missing two. Police were at his house and work, waiting to get him if he came back.

It had been 4 days since anyone last heard from Marjorie. Gary wasn't doing well at all, he'd spoken to his brother once and very briefly. He'd been ignoring the guys and even started becoming distant from Sam.

There was a weight pressing down on the bed. Gary turned and let his eyes focus. He jumped back and smashed his head on the headboard. "Mum?" He whispered. She reached out her hand but as it got closer he could see something was wrong. Her face was bruised and cut, her skin was a dark purple colour. The area around her eyes was swollen.

Her arm appeared to be covered in dirt or mould and some fell off as she grabbed the collar of the shirt Gary was wearing "You did this to me boy! This is all your fault!" "Mum, please... I couldn't stop it, I tried" Gary cried. "No, this is your fault and you deserve everything that happens to you" she raised her other hand and formed a fist. "NOOOO"

"Noooo!" Gary screamed and knocked Sam off him. He was panting and sweaty. "Gary what's wrong?? Gary!" Sam demanded. 'Its alright, just a dream. Everything is fine. Mums fine.......oh no she's not' he couldn't help it, he just sat there and broke down into Sam's shoulder. He was beyond the point of embarrassment, he just wanted his mum safe.